Graco Classic 50

flutie128

Sorry, I don't post a lot so I don't know if this has been answered or not.

I was a Target today and they had a seat by Graco called Classic 50. Is that the comfortsport with a new name? It reminded me of a comfortsport but with higher weight limits and the shell appeared taller to me as well.

ADS

Pixels

The shell dimensions are the same, same harness strap heights, but with higher weight limits. I believe 40 RFing and 50 FFing now?

flutie128

The shell dimensions are the same, same harness strap heights, but with higher weight limits. I believe 40 RFing and 50 FFing now?

Yea, the box said 40 lbs RFing and 50 lbs FFing. I guess it just looked taller on the shelf. I never put DD in it. I hated that seat with DS. I can't believe they are still making it. I mean he outgrew it FFing at like 2.5 or something young like that.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It also comes w/ an insert that allows it to start at 4#. If someone wanted to start w/ a convertible for a small baby and had a really small car, it might be worth it. Otherwise, there are a whole lot of better options out there. IIRC, the CS doesn't last any longer RF than the SR35.

Pixels

My 3.5yo would still fit the CS RFing if she wasn't right at the weight limit or a pound over. She has tons of height left in it, but she outgrew the SR35 long ago.

T4K

DaniannieB said:
It also comes w/ an insert that allows it to start at 4#. If someone wanted to start w/ a convertible for a small baby and had a really small car, it might be worth it. Otherwise, there are a whole lot of better options out there. IIRC, the CS doesn't last any longer RF than the SR35.

Way cheaper than the Coccoro which a lot of people use from birth.

I'm in a small minority that likes that seat.

hrice

truckerswife said:
I like it if I wanted to my 2½ year old could still RF in it

Your 2.5 yr old fits RF in the Comfort Sport?! Tiny torso!

Curious...if your babe is that tiny why not RF?

Pixels

My 3.5yo fits RFing by height and needs 4T shirts to cover her belly. It's really not as small as a lot of people seem to think it is. It's in the same ballpark as the Scenera and the Coccoro (which my DD outgrew by height a year ago).

hrice said:

my 2½ is RF in a Radian 65 in my van and FF in my husband's pickup because we couldn't fit 3 RF seats in the pickup and still have room for my husband to drive my kids will all stay RF in my van as long as possible the comfort sport is my 17 month olds seat and she has 4-5 inches of shell over her head

lovemybabybug

My dd has outgrown th SR35 a while ago, but still had about 3 inches above her head in the new classic ride. She is 27 months, 33 ins tall. It does seem to me she has more room in it than the CS. She could probably make it to 3 rf in it. Maybe the padding has changed? I think it is a fine seat RF, but I can see how kids will outgrow is fast as the the harness slots aren't that tall

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
DS (20 months) would be on the top slots of it FF. never bothered to try it RF cuz it isn't worth $100 to me! LOL

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Interestingly, I was at Target today and they have the Titan right next to the new CR. The Spreadsheet here says the CS shell is .5 less than the Titan's, but I am completely confident that the CR was taller in-store. The shell was a smidgen higher, but the seat pan is markedly lower, so there will be additional shell height. I was surprised to see that as the case.

The top slots did seem awfully low for the shell height, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC