Jcpenney

Baylor

They say that as of February they are slashing all prices 40%. This could mean better car seat prices.

Anyone else hear this?

auto correct hates me

ADS

mama2girls

Heard it too. Never thought about car seats! Kind of imagine it's more in-store prices though, since 40% (even on their inflated prices) is a pretty steep discount for baby gear.

Jessica61624

I have a friend who works there. She said they are going to everyday low prices but didn't give me a percentage. I was in last week and they told me to come back this week because things would be different.

Baylor

Yeah. If you go to yahoo the story is there. They will still have discounts but it will be a month long sale.

auto correct hates me

Holly

I have a friend who works there. She said they are going to everyday low prices but didn't give me a percentage. I was in last week and they told me to come back this week because things would be different.

Wait, having every day low prices for a big sale, or are they changing the everyday prices of their stuff from here on out?

Meg

Eh, it's really not going to be that great of a thing and it doesn't really change things much. Like a lot of stores, JCP really marks up their items and then advertises "big sales" and people buy stuff because they think they are getting great deals because things are 30, 40, 50% off. What JCP is doing now is to just price their things at a more accurate price-point and stop doing their big discount sales.

For example, if you buy a Nautilus from JCP the cost is $220. You can buy the same seat full price from Walmart for $137. :rolleyes: JCP's prices are ridiculous, so all they're doing now is to to have their items priced more competitively and on par with the normal prices at other stores.

Mags462

Agree with Meg.... all this means to me is that i might not be able to snag my awesome "free" deals with their $10 of $10 coupons and such.

Oh well... JCP is really not some place i shop regularly anyways. I did in the past but honestly with kids, the mall is not my favorite place and i rarely shop the stores there. :eek:

Qarin

It does change things for people who don't have the time, energy, or interest to constantly track prices and sales. My DH needs a pair of pants, he goes to a store that sells pants and buys a pair that fit (or, actually, that seem like they say the size he remembers someone saying he wears...); people like that will benefit from being able to go into JC Penney, buying the pants, coming home, and not getting snide comments about shopping incompetence an overpaying (and also from, you know, actually not overpaying).

Holly

I like it because then I could go shopping there anytime I want and not worry about if they are having a sale or not. I like their clothes a little better than Walmart, Target, etc, so if the prices are comparable or maybe only a little bit more, I would go there all the time. I'm sure they will still have clearance too.

Kobain's Mommy

About the only thing I buy there is Carter's clothes on sale from the listed Carter's price on the tag. Other than that I can get myself clothes that fit better cheaper. DH has an issue with pant size and seems like Macy's only carries his size. As for car seats I just wonder how long they've been sitting around with the jacked up price when I can go to Walmart and buy one for the same price, no shipping and see the DOM right away.

Baylor

I get a lot of dress clothes for the boys there and tshirts and pjs. They have decent linens too. I will most likely start shopping there more now.

auto correct hates me

Jessica61624

Baylor said:
I get a lot of dress clothes for the boys there and tshirts and pjs. They have decent linens too. I will most likely start shopping there more now.

auto correct hates me

I love their jcp sheets! I'm going to buy some so hopefully they drop in price also.

Lenae

This is good news for my family. There is a Penney's in the town half an hour away, and not much else.

vonfirmath

I like it because then I could go shopping there anytime I want and not worry about if they are having a sale or not. I like their clothes a little better than Walmart, Target, etc, so if the prices are comparable or maybe only a little bit more, I would go there all the time. I'm sure they will still have clearance too.

This JC Penny has awesome clothes. If their prices were more competitive I would be more willing to shop there for clothes. As it is, I don't get there half the time when there is a sale because it isn't convenient. This way I can go when I've got the time and not worry I'm wasting money, etc.

thepote

DH gets a lot of dress clothes for work there. I always thought their prices on Dockers pants were high, but their shirt and tie sets were low. But then again it seems like Dockers are $50-60 at most places?

I will miss the $10 off $10 coupons. They were my source of socks and swim shirts for the boys :p

lovemybabies924

thepote said:
DH gets a lot of dress clothes for work there. I always thought their prices on Dockers pants were high, but their shirt and tie sets were low. But then again it seems like Dockers are $50-60 at most places?

I will miss the $10 off $10 coupons. They were my source of socks and swim shirts for the boys :p

I will miss them too *sob*

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC