Baby Trend Flex-Loc without triangle handle?

Brycen'sMommy

Yesterday at Walmart, I noticed a Baby Trend Flex Loc without the triangle handle. It was straight and looked a lot like a Graco handle. Is this new or did I just miss it? Anyone know if they are going to be doing away with it completely or just on certain seats? I've never liked that handle so just thought it was interesting.

ADS

mkmama

Are we sure it's not just mislabeled or miscategorized? Im not sure thats a BT.

Its definitely a BabyTrend...if you zoom the pics, you can see the BabyTrend logo numerous places on the seat.
I haven't heard anything about the handle being changed...I love that triangle handle, which is kind of a moot point since we're done having children LOL.

Pixels

That's definitely a BT.

I like the triangle handle. That's the whole reason we picked that particular seat.

Pixels

The vast majority changed from 22 to 30 in late 2008, I believe was the date. Before that they were all 22 pounds. I thought they were all 30 after that date but I was on their site a day or two ago and saw a couple with 22 pound limits still.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Definitely BT. The base screams Baby Trend to me.

I like that cover!

DaniannieB

Although the 30# BT have been around for a while, I don't think they ever fully changed over to 30#. I'm not even sure that a complete change over to 30# is even in the works. The 30# seats do have a slightly taller shell, although they're still shorter than other seats w/ 30#+ weight limits (more on the lines w/ the other brands' 22# seats).

I think some of the straight handles started popping up last spring or summer. So far they've only been on a few seats. Who knows if they're going to move over to those completely or not. When it comes to handle rules, even w/ the straight handle the handle still needs to be down in the car.

Pixels

The BT30 and BT22 are the exact same size shell. I have one of each and swap covers back and forth.

DaniannieB

That's interesting... I know there was someone else who tried out the two at BRU when they first came out and the 30# one was taller. Either way, it's shorter than the average 30# seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC