Decided to return the Diono Montery

jenfrogmom

I can not stand the seatbelt falling out of the guides every single time we use the seat. This is a horrible design flaw in my opinion. I think I am going to order a Recaro ProSport instead.

ADS

Brycen'sMommy

:yeahthatsad:

We now have a Parkway SGL and it works much better but I loved the Monterey aside from the belt falling out. When I notified Diono of the problem the response was basically, "well it doesn't happen in my car so it's not a problem". Definite design flaw. :thumbsdown:

Baylor

jenfrogmom said:
I can not stand the seatbelt falling out of the guides every single time we use the seat. This is a horrible design flaw in my opinion. I think I am going to order a Recaro ProSport instead.

You mean the Probooster?

auto correct hates me

jenfrogmom

This happens in EVERY vehicle I have put it in, middle row 2006 Mazda 5 , 2003 Ddge Ram 1500, 2006 Grand Caravan 2nd and 3rd row, 2001 Dodge Dakota, and on and on.

Aside from the belt falling out all the time, I LOVE the Montery!

No, I am going to get the ProSport. This way I a can keep him harnessed through though the winter. Don't get me wrong, he is an AMAZING booster rider, but I would feel better with a combo seat with these nasty WI winter roads.

amyd

That's a pain. I have a DMonterey sitting in my basement that I haven't used yet. I should take it out and give it a try. I have a 2010 Mazda 5.

ginny4

This happens in EVERY vehicle I have put it in, middle row 2006 Mazda 5 , 2003 Ddge Ram 1500, 2006 Grand Caravan 2nd and 3rd row, 2001 Dodge Dakota, and on and on.

Aside from the belt falling out all the time, I LOVE the Montery!

No, I am going to get the ProSport. This way I a can keep him harnessed through though the winter. Don't get me wrong, he is an AMAZING booster rider, but I would feel better with a combo seat with these nasty WI winter roads.

oh no that's not good. I have the original monterey (one of the 1st ones made) with no issues on falling out. I was wanting a new monterey for my DS3. we have 2 grand caravans 2001 & 2006. YIKES.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love the ProBooster and ProSport.

I'm sorry the Monterey is not working for you.

Brycen'sMommy

I have tried it in all second and third row seating positions of our 2011 Odyssey. But I doubt that the belt would stay in in any vehicle. The belt opening is in the center of the guide rather than on the side like most boosters we have tried.

canadiangie

I tried my DM yesterday. It's pretty bad in terms of the shoulder belt not retracting. I didn't have any issues with it falling out, that's for sure. Darn belt is stuck like a duck in there. :(

amyd

canadiangie said:
I tried my DM yesterday. It's pretty bad in terms of the shoulder belt not retracting. I didn't have any issues with it falling out, that's for sure. Darn belt is stuck like a duck in there. :(

I just tried in my 5. I had the same issue. Totally sucks cause it fits DS1 awesomely (of course he's too young for it right now).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC