Idiots at BRU!!!

sb518

So I was at BRU just roaming the car seat area, playing with a chicco keyfit, well this young guy comes up to me and says "You really should buy a 3-in-1 seat, they are cheaper and go to 100pounds" Well right away I was irritated because he was acting REALLY arrogant like he knew everything there was to know.

Well honey, you picked the WRONG person to talk carseats with! Him and his wife were looking at the apex for their 9 month old daughter because they wanted to turn her forward facing. So I said "Actually I've heard that this seat fits babies as small as 4 pounds really well, and it goes up to 30lbs" he fires back "Well they say to move your baby forward facing at 20 pounds so that's 10 pounds of size you're wasting" :mad: "Actually 20 pounds and 1 year is the MINIMUM accepted weight, it's not RECOMMENDED" so then he said "Just trying to help.." in this rude voice and went over and started talking crap to his wife about me. So then SHE comes over to me and says "THese carseats right here" and points to the AO's "go from 5 pounds to 100 lbs". I said "Well those seats expire in 6 years so by the time your child even reaches 100 pounds it won't be acceptable. Also those seats only harness up to 40 pounds and the britax marathons harness up to 65 and rear-face to 33" They were getting really pissy with me and it was ticking me off, some un-educated parent trying to tell ME how to buy a carseat!?

At that point they had really gotten to me and were making me sick putting their 9 month old baby in booster seats. I told them my kids would be rearfacing and harnessed as long as possible, and 40 pounds is NOT big enough. He pointed to the booster they were looking at and said that it recommended using the seat as a booster at 30pounds. I said "At 30 pounds a child is NOT ready for an adult belt, even with a booster, unless of course you want to get in an accident and want to cause abdomen injurys to your child resulting in internal bleeding and death, but that's not a chance I'm willing to take and I think my child's life is worth more than any car seat price in this store" :) and I walked away!

I'm still so mad! :mad: I can't imagine if it were some clueless new parents looking for a seat instead of me and that IDIOT told them what he told me!

:thumbsdown:

I wanted to say I was a tech just so he would shut up but I'm not yet... so I didn't.

Then he tracks me down in the store and says "Well the seat we're getting harnesses to 65lbs and it's still cheaper than the infant one you were looking at, and you can use it as a boosteR" I said "You can only use that as a booster if you have headrests in your backseat so hopefully you do." and he tried to say something else but I was out the door. Dork! Sorry just had to vent to the only people who would understand!

Last edited:
ADS

MySillyKids

They TOLD you :p

I was at BRU today too. I cannot believe HOW MANY people bought those infant head support things today, while i was there. I can only imagine those are their best sellers :rolleyes:

supercrunch

I think my head would have blown up if I had been in your position.

The very existance of the Alpha Omega makes steam come out of my ears. The information that Cosco gives about the seat is so misleading that it is basically false advertising.

Seriously...how many kids are in danger as we speak because their parents bought the AO?
Between the unusable top harness slots, the people who think it harnesses to 100 lbs, and the people who use it to the correct limits but still have to switch their kids into booster mode way too early because they are too tall for the top usable slots. Ugh! It just makes me so :hitselfonhead:

cryswilkins

I hate people who spout off wrong information, like they are a god.

I had someone trying to tell me the other day that the Regent (she called it the really expensive Britax) is a booster and a harnessed seat. :confused:

ignora

Senior Community Member
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans
What a maroon

This makes me want to say "What a nincowpoop". I'm thinking the two lines are from a Bugs Bunny cartoon....

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I hate people that think they know EVERYTHING as this moron seemed to do. I would guess they reconsidered the harness limit though and that is why they picked a seat that harnesses to 65 lbs. I think you may have got through to them a little bit :)

lynsgirl

I hate people who spout off wrong information, like they are a god.

I had someone trying to tell me the other day that the Regent (she called it the really expensive Britax) is a booster and a harnessed seat. :confused:

Ah yes, but the BRU sign sitting right on/underneath the Regent says "Regent Youth Booster Seat" or some similar wording :rolleyes:. You know you're (cough) addicted to car seats when that's the first thing your eyes zero in on (zoooom! :eek: ) and then you spend the rest of your "shopping alone/browsing BRU car seat section time" feeling irritated at a stupid sign :whistle: . Not that this is me we're talking about or anything . . . ;) hehe

sb518

Oh yes I'm sorry, I have nothing against teen parents! People always think I am one when I carry my nieces around. :whistle:

What I meant to say is he was not sounding as mature as he thought he was.

Melizerd

LOL I'm sorry I had to laugh that they picked one of us to go after. Of all people ;)

Hopefully they decided to do their own research.

I try and stay away from those places now because I just get too annoyed.

arly1983

Ah yes, but the BRU sign sitting right on/underneath the Regent says "Regent Youth Booster Seat" or some similar wording :rolleyes:. You know you're (cough) addicted to car seats when that's the first thing your eyes zero in on (zoooom! :eek: ) and then you spend the rest of your "shopping alone/browsing BRU car seat section time" feeling irritated at a stupid sign :whistle: . Not that this is me we're talking about or anything . . . ;) hehe

Simple solution: Black Permanant Marker

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Let's be nice... there are teen parents on this forum who do a great job as parents and in keeping their children safely harnessed. :)

*sigh* :yeahthat: I swear one of these days i'm going to make a thread about "stupid old parents" and see the uproar I cause. Go ahead, group us all into the same catagory- everyone does anyways. I know it's a common "excuse" or justification that "older" parents use about people general lack of knowledge about child rearing because young=stupid to everyone, but it's still highly offensive no matter what your intended message was.

Signed,
One of those "idiot teen parents" who is actually a tech :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC