Scored a Maestro for $40 today

glockchick

*added pics in reply*

I had to go to Target for MS Office home and student because apparently everywhere else in town is sold out of the disk version. And of course electronics is right behind baby so I had to go by the car seats. It was on an end cap with a few other baby things marked 50% off. Now who could pass that up? :eek:

No, it's not my first choice, but it'll be a great back up seat. Or it may go in the suburban if it's easier to buckle Abi's booster next to it than the GN. With the GN, I have to pull her out the side, buckle, and slide it back in. She is not pleased with needing help. ;)

Last edited:
ADS

aym4Him

WOW!

I have GOT to go to our Targets. I called one last night and the guy just said the only seats they had on clearance were a Graco (pink) toddler seat and some infant seats- no Evenflo Maestro. I feel better seeing it for myself...so maybe I can go later today.

The Targets around here are weird. Their prices are different! Even the clearance sometimes varies on an item.

On another note, our new GN arrives today! I'm hoping that it works for us- that DS doesn't have head slump and that he's comfy. It will possibly end up being our full-time seat once his MA expires/he grows out of it.

About the Maestro, I think I read on here somewhere that it is bad as a booster. Why? For $40-60 bucks, is it a good investment as a back-up seat for a 3 yr old? (a small 3 yr old- like, 36" tall, 28 lbs)

glockchick

About the Maestro, I think I read on here somewhere that it is bad as a booster. Why? For $40-60 bucks, is it a good investment as a back-up seat for a 3 yr old? (a small 3 yr old- like, 36" tall, 28 lbs)

It's bad as a booster because the child outgrows it the same time they outgrow the harness height since the head rest is not adjustable.

I think it's a good back up seat for a small 3 year old. I just recommended it to my sister for her small 3 year old. :)

zactayaus

I picked one up from my Target last week for $40 too. I totally didn't need the seat but like you said 'who could pass that up'.:p

TXAggieTech

Good score! We were actually in the Target parking lot this afternoon when the hail started so I drove to the Exxon to park under their cover. By the time it stopped I didn't feel like getting wet and just went home.

glockchick

DS in the Maestro. He has the same deal as in the MA. He's right above the slot below when I put him in but below when I go to take him out. These were taken after the ride when I was about to get him out.

Before I bribed him with my phone...
e5cf998d.jpg

And after... Lol
f85092b0.jpg

firemomof3

He looks good in the Maestro :) Does he complain about the harness straps being on his neck though?
There are 2 Maestros at my local target for $40 also

glockchick

I'm sure he would if I hadn't used an old set of MA harness covers. :whistle: As a CPST, I'm making the informed decision to use them for his comfort. They're above where the harness hits his chest, and they're no thicker than if he were wearing a sweatshirt. You can kind of see a tiny bit on the 2nd pic. He's always had harness covers so he's not used to straps without them.

He seems to like the seat and I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. ;) I do wish it had EPS foam all the way down to the bottom harness slots. The way is is, only a child on the 3rd or 4th slots will benefit from the foam. It also makes a little bump where it starts that may push his head forward and encourage head slump when he falls asleep, but we'll have to see.

glockchick

The Bryan one. It was insane. This is at my house about 3 miles away after about 1 min of hail. It is where the roof meets so more than a normal spot, but still!

hail.jpg

Wow! That's crazy. I was at Bryan yesterday. I didn't see any there. I got this one in College Station.

I bet I'm pretty close to your house every day. I go down WMJB to get to Blinn.

vonfirmath

He looks good in the Maestro :) Does he complain about the harness straps being on his neck though?
There are 2 Maestros at my local target for $40 also

My son uses his Maestro everyday since Sept 2010 without harness covers and has never complained.

glockchick

What crotch setting are you kids on? I actually had to move it back to the first setting today for DS. Is he as freaky as I think he is, or are the settings just that big? ;)

aym4Him

The Target I went to today only had a SnugRide on clearance and some high chairs and a pack-n-play. :thumbsdown:

DH is kind of miffed b/c I keep talking about the head slump concern with the GN. He'd rather not even open the box if I think it's going to be a problem. I don't *know* that it's going to be a problem...that's the issue! He'd rather not spend $125 now and then have to buy another seat if this one doesn't work. He said if this won't work and I know it, then why don't we get a FR85? I. Don't. Know. That. It. Won't. Work. Sometimes, I wish HE would be the one to do the researching, etc. :p

I think he's irritated that I've spent all this time on here and still don't have a 100% for-sure solution to our 2nd seat-possibly-permanent-seat issue.

2BunniesMommy

I almost bought one tonight for $43 and change. Couldn't think of a good reason to, other than the price, so I didn't. Now that I am home (Target is 90 miles away) I remembered I have a friend who has her son ffing in a myride and he doesn't like the recline. She is wanting to get him a GN like his sis has, but can't affored it. I could have picked it up for her. Oh well!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC