Help me find a great everyday stroller

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I need a new "everyday" stroller to keep in the back of my car. It is for my "baby" who is turning 1 next month. :(

I have a MB Urban and a Bugaboo Cameleon that I can toss in my car when I have plans and know what will fit best with our plans. But I no longer what to keep a big stroller in the back of my car at all times so I am looking for something that folds to a normal size (just smaller than those) to keep back there for things that come up that I didn't plan on.

I was thinking a City Mini (when the new ones come out) but I am just not sure that I have explored all my options. I was also thinking a Maclaren Techno XLT (or whatever it is that is their full feature one). I do not want a barebones stroller or one that doesn't offer much...I just want something easier to keep in my car at all times.

Any suggestions or advice on the two I am currently considering?

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

amyd

I'd go for the City Mini. I currently keep a double in my car all the time because my three year old still wants to ride occasionally but once he's a bit older, I'm going to get a single as well. I love how small they fold.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
hrice said:
A City Mini or Micro or a Quinny Zap.

I had a Zapp and hated how tippy it was. If they could fix that issue it would be a great stroller.

hrice

I have a City Mini Double and love it. My only complaint is it is the starage is hard to get things in and out of.

Have you played with the B-Agile?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
hrice said:
I have a City Mini Double and love it. My only complaint is it is the starage is hard to get things in and out of.

Have you played with the B-Agile?

I keep telling myself I would be a fool to not get a City since everyone loves theirs. I don't think I have out stuff in the under storage on my stroller more than five times through all four kids...so that is a non-issue for me since I won't use it.

I will look up the B-agile right now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lemonade

Either a BJCM or a Maclaren, depending on whether you want umbrella or fuller sized stroller. I have single and double micros and a Mac Quest and I greatly prefer the mac quest for the car and in stores, etc. The larger ones are better for more outdoors stuff.

jewlsvern

I debated between the City Mini and the B-Agile and I choose the B-Agile. I :love: it. There is not much difference between the 2, but the differences are nice. I like the handle better on the B-Agile, the storage basket is easier to get to, and the bar there is curved. There are a few others but I can't remember. We put them side by side and liked the B-Agile better overall. The accessories are cheaper on the B-Agile also. I did wish it had more color choices but we were thinking a dark neutral anyway and went with black.

amyd

Rosey said:
City mini hands down! I feel the same way you do about the zapp

Yeah, I don't care for the Zapp either. I looked at one and ended up with a Maxi Cosi Perle instead. Which is a piece of crap, but it was cheap and small. Life lesson learned...don't buy Dorel strollers.

vonfirmath

I have a City Mini and don't like how "laid back" the seat is so am looking at getting an umbrella stroller that is more upright now!

(EVERYTHIng else about that stroller I love. But I want an option that allows the child to see more.)

laurengt

We have a Joovy Kooper for the quick trips and LOVE it. It's lightweight and easy to use, reclines really far for when DS falls asleep, has a cup holder for his sippy and my water bottle, comfy handles, decent-sized cargo space. Our regular stroller for big trips is an UB Vista which is great, but a little big to carry in the car all of the time.

*canon*

vonfirmath said:
I have a City Mini and don't like how "laid back" the seat is so am looking at getting an umbrella stroller that is more upright now!

(EVERYTHIng else about that stroller I love. But I want an option that allows the child to see more.)

Do you have an older version BJCM? The newer models sit upright. DS2 couldn't stand sitting laid back in my BJCMD so I had to get rid of my 08 and upgrade to a 2011.

crunchierthanthou

I put a cutting board from IKEA in my BJCE. :eek: It added the support, but was less expensive and more convenient than ordering the PE board from Baby Jogger. The 2011 and newer ones come with the more supportive seat backs.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok...off to Google pictures of the BJCM folded up. I am waiting to order when the BJCM GT comes out though because I like the black frame much better. Thanks for all the help...I am quitting my search and just for the tried and true.

amyd

*canon* said:
Do you have an older version BJCM? The newer models sit upright. DS2 couldn't stand sitting laid back in my BJCMD so I had to get rid of my 08 and upgrade to a 2011.

When did the seats change? 2011? I have a 2010 with the PE boards added. The seats sit very upright.

AlisonR80

We have a maclaren techno XT and i love it...it reclines, has a huge hood, storage underneath AND it's GREAT for TALL people b/c it has telescoping handles...and of course its small and lightweight for ease of use :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC