TF recline indant padding?

love-pink

I'm sitting here bored out of my mind.... I was thinking about the tfr I bought last week and what all came with it as far as extra padding for smaller babies/kids. There was the strap covers, crotch buckle cover, big infant insert but no head rest/pillow thingy. I tried searching online for pictures but there are no pictures showing the tfr with the pillow.

I bought the City Chic model. Which I'm also seeing came in a completely black cover instead of the black/gray version I received. The box and tags it came with also shows a completely black cover.

Anyone else have a tfr? Did yours come with the pillow? Anyone have the completely black City Chic cover?

Here is pics showing the difference ;) I would very much prefer the all black cover.

Last edited:
ADS

lovemybabybug

Hmmm I played with the one at Target today and it doesn't have a pillow either, just the one piece infant pad. DOES it really only have 3 harness slots??? It is such a tall seat, it seems to me the shoulders would be over the last harness slots before the top of the head reach the top of the seat. And the bottom slots also seemed so high, would it fit a newborn? And another thing I noticed is that the crotch buckle is so short. Does it move outward a little? My skinny kid was in a cloth diaper and I struggled to buckle her in. Sorry, I didn't answer your question, but I figured I would ask you since you own it. I really like the seat, but these things just make me wonder.

lovemybabybug

4 slot heights and 2 crotch buckle positions ;)

Interesting. I could not figure the forth one out. Is it adjusted the same way? By pulling the knobs on the back? My dd was having a fit so I didn't have a lot of time to figure it out. I noticed the crotch buckle was mounted on some sort of button and there was a little sign to push it, but I couldn't make it move.

love-pink

The pictures I posted show the harness on the third slot, they go up one more from that. With the crotch buckle you have to push the yellow piece down and then slide it either forward or backwards to each spot.

Cath3114

I bought a TFR last week (the new black with red, can't remember the name). It just has a one piece body pillow, no head pillow.

lovemybabies924

cathleencastle said:
I bought a TFR last week (the new black with red, can't remember the name). It just has a one piece body pillow, no head pillow.

The elegance? Isn't it a tfp?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

PurpleCat

Hmmm I played with the one at Target today and it doesn't have a pillow either, just the one piece infant pad. DOES it really only have 3 harness slots??? It is such a tall seat, it seems to me the shoulders would be over the last harness slots before the top of the head reach the top of the seat. And the bottom slots also seemed so high, would it fit a newborn? And another thing I noticed is that the crotch buckle is so short. Does it move outward a little? My skinny kid was in a cloth diaper and I struggled to buckle her in. Sorry, I didn't answer your question, but I figured I would ask you since you own it. I really like the seat, but these things just make me wonder.

You'd need the insert and it's heeeeaven! I had my newborn in this seat and it was the best. She was so comfy cozy in there. :) I rolled up a blanket to put around her head too. I probably wouldn't have used an infant pillow if it came with it. I find they push their neck forward just a bit too much and it looks horribly uncomfortable.

I have a love/hate relationship with the crotch buckle. The short strap makes the lap belt sit nicely on my son's thighs (he's 3) but it also sits awkwardly against his penis. :( The padding is a piece of garbage and doesn't stay on ... unless there's a trick I don't know about?

Cath3114

lovemybabybug said:
The new one from target and walmart is called stick and stones.

Yeah, that one. I kept thinking skull and crossbones, but I blame my painkillers for that.

Though why they call it sticks and stones is beyond me.

lovemybabybug

Yeah, that one. I kept thinking skull and crossbones, but I blame my painkillers for that.

Though why they call it sticks and stones is beyond me.

Don't know, but it is so pretty. I really really want that seat, but there's not a chance in the world that it will work in a 3 across in my car. I need to get a bigger car...and have a couple more babies so I can have all the seats I :love:

I have an orgional (2008) TrueFit in Cappachino and it has a pillow. I don't know about the newer ones, I got mine at Target and haven't seen them for sometime. Sorry I'm not much help.

msg221

I have a love/hate relationship with the crotch buckle. The short strap makes the lap belt sit nicely on my son's thighs (he's 3) but it also sits awkwardly against his penis. :( The padding is a piece of garbage and doesn't stay on ... unless there's a trick I don't know about?

I hate that stupid crotch buckle cover as well. It never stayed on, but I have since put velcro on it which does the job very nicely! They should make it like Britax's, the round piece with the slit that fits over the buckle.

love-pink

msg221 said:
I hate that stupid crotch buckle cover as well. It never stayed on, but I have since put velcro on it which does the job very nicely! They should make it like Britax's, the round piece with the slit that fits over the buckle.

I'm going to add a little elastic on the inside of the bottom to keep mine on ;) that way you won't be able to pull it off the buckle so easily.

Mags462

This was discussed a while back when the recline models first hit the market. They don't make those smaller pillows anymore for the seats... I can't find the thread atm, but i distinctly remember thinking i was glad i bought an old style TF so i got extra squishy pads.

You got all the padding you were supposed to :D

Pixels

The reason the Britax can stay on is because the slit in the cover is too small for the buckle to go through. You have to take the crotch buckle out of the seat and slide the metal plate through the slit to put it on/take it off. But the TF crotch strap is not removable, so it has to fit over the buckle.

love-pink

Pixels said:
The reason the Britax can stay on is because the slit in the cover is too small for the buckle to go through. You have to take the crotch buckle out of the seat and slide the metal plate through the slit to put it on/take it off. But the TF crotch strap is not removable, so it has to fit over the buckle.

The new ones also have a small strip of elastic that you put around the strap part of the buckle, then you put it through the actual hole. ;) it's helps a crap ton to keep the belly pad on even after its stretched out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC