What would you do

canadiancpst

CPS Technician
We drive a 2006 grand caravan and a 2000 dakota sport! Currently we have

DS 5 yrs 9 mths, 49 in and 49 lbs seated shoulder height 17 in currently in a Nautilus

DD1 4 yrs 6 mths, 44.5 in, 34 lbs SS height of 15 in currently in a radian 80

DD2 2 yrs (today) 37 in, 27 lbs SS 13 in currently in a radian xt

Dh is about to put his truck back on the road.. no Latch available in it.. and he will hardly have the kids in there .. but there is a need for him to have seats.

I am having a panic attack about needing to put DS into a booster.. but he is getting close to outgrowing his Nautilus in harness mode.. we are considering a Frontier SICT or a Latched booster.. is it worth it for the extra harness time? Is this one thing I should jsut accept that we are there and let him mature to the booster?

Another thing him going to a latched booster means moving him to the middle row and DD1 who has a very tiny voice going all the way to the back. Also the radian DD1 is in seems to be getting sticky around the adjuster which means we should likely replace it.. what would you replace it with? Would you still use it in the 2nd vehicle?

Ok shoot give me all kinds of choices.. new seats sound exciting but it's got to be worth it to sell it to DH:D

ADS

lovemybabies924

I would put him in a booster (if hes ready to be in position) and i wouldn't worry too much about getting a latched booster since its not an everyday seat, i would just have your DH remind him to buckle it in at the end of the day. and maybe the adjuster on the radian just needs to be de-gunked?

canadiancpst

CPS Technician
In the truck I was thinking of using the Nautilus as a booster.. but what should I do for the van... gahh ..I drive them to school everyday.. on a highway at about 110 kms/hr makes me nervous to use a booster.. I am also not 100% sure he is mature enough for one.. he is a fidgety kid!!

hrice

If he has a 17" torso he should have another 6 mos to a year in the Nauti. I would keep him in it until he officially outgrows it and see where he is then I absolutely would not put him in a booster now if he's not ready.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC