Question Do I let him decide?

njkj

If your 50+ lb 6y7m old child was asking to use his booster (or change his Frontier to a booster) instead of his harnessed seat, which he still fits in, would you switch him? If so would you use a Monterey or a FN in booster mode as his main seat?

ADS

creideamh

If he sits properly and the booster provides a good fit, then yeah I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

njkj said:
If your 50+ lb 6y7m old child was asking to use his booster (or change his Frontier to a booster) instead of his harnessed seat, which he still fits in, would you switch him? If so would you use a Monterey or a FN in booster mode as his main seat?

I would let him rude in booster. I would not switch fr but would add Monterey to begin with. See how he did and go from there.

When we started with booster we did short day time rides in booster but night or long was GN.

auto correct hates me

mamom

Personally I would (as long as he is mature enough to sit still). At that age there is not supposed to be any benefit to 5 point.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I agree with everyone. Try him out in a booster and see how it goes! Good luck if you decide to!!!

ElfJewel

I would if he rides in it properly.
K is 7y10mo and she is still proving that she is responsible enough for a booster. She was about to outgrow her Nautilus and wanted a booster so we let her try but she knows we will harness her again if she doesn't behave.

babyherder

If the booster provides a good belt fit and he sits correctly. And you don't have to buckle him in a 3 across. In your case I would want to use the Frontier because then you would have matching cow seats!

njkj

He has been in a booster before and uses it as his spare in Dh's truck. I think he will do just fine just not sure about me, lol. Plus he will have to buckle it in a three across come July but he is ob and who ever is in the middle will be using LATCH so I don't have to worry about him unbuckling in accident. I honk we will give it a go and see what happens.

2BunniesMommy

Add another vote for "yes." DD1 is 6 months younger than your DS and she is in a booster mode Frontier in my van. I decided a week or two ago to change her Frontier in DH's van also, but his has a 2 seater bench for the middle row and she didn't have room to get between the seats to buckle, so she is still harnessed in his.

I am very nervous when we got out of town, but she does great. Last month we went to an amusment park and she was super tired on the 2.5 hour drive home, and even as asleep as she was she still managed to stay in position well and get herself right back where she was supposed to be anytime she started to get too comfy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC