Cosco High Back Booster Cover?

theconstantreader

I'm looking for a cute cover for the Cosco High Back Booster. I have the seat, but the cover got yucky and I need a new one. How safe is a handmade one? DD really likes the seat, but the cover just looks gross.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Is she using the seat as a harnessed seat or as a booster? She is close to the weight limit for the harness, and it's very likely she's outgrown the harness by height -- where are her shoulders in relation to the top shoulder straps?

That seat makes a very poorly fitting booster. For the cost of an unsafe custom cover, you could easily get a Graco Turbobooster, which is a much better booster. Or, preferably, you could spend a little more and get a Maestro to keep her harnessed. The Maestro does convert to a booster, but it is a very short booster (taller than the Cosco HBB, though) and you will need another booster down the road.

theconstantreader

Is she using the seat as a harnessed seat or as a booster? She is close to the weight limit for the harness, and it's very likely she's outgrown the harness by height -- where are her shoulders in relation to the top shoulder straps?

That seat makes a very poorly fitting booster. For the cost of an unsafe custom cover, you could easily get a Graco Turbobooster, which is a much better booster. Or, preferably, you could spend a little more and get a Maestro to keep her harnessed. The Maestro does convert to a booster, but it is a very short booster (taller than the Cosco HBB, though) and you will need another booster down the road.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Highback-Turbobooster-Car-Seat-Kallie/15642053?findingMethod=rr
This is what she rides in in my suburban.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, so you already have a Graco turbo booster. You did put the screws in the arm rests? They often get tossed.

theconstantreader

So its a graco high back booster not a cosco high back booster? Have you taken the cover off and ran it through the wash?

The Cosco is the one my mom and dad have at their house for her.

The link I posted is the one we just got her for our suburban.

And yes, I've washed it a TON of times. The seat is faded and has turned a weird color. :sick:

Jessica61624

I would get another graco hbb. They're just as much as a new cover. Like others have stated its a dangerous booster as it incorrectly places the lap belt.

theconstantreader

I would get another graco hbb. They're just as much as a new cover. Like others have stated its a dangerous booster as it incorrectly places the lap belt.

Okay, I think that's what we've just decided to do. It's going in the trash on Wednesday. They're not that expensive anyway.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

hrice

How does your daughter behave in the booster? Does she stay in position 100% of the time? Even when sleeping?

The reason I ask is very few 4 year olds are mature enough to be out of a 5 point harness.

Reactions: Kac

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How does your daughter behave in the booster? Does she stay in position 100% of the time? Even when sleeping?

The reason I ask is very few 4 year olds are mature enough to be out of a 5 point harness.

:yeahthatlove:

I would (almost) never put a 4 year old in a booster full time.

theconstantreader

She sits in it really well. Stays straight up, knows where the belt is supposed to be and doesn't sleep in the car, even on long rides. We don't travel very far and if she slept a lot in it (or at all) I'd put her in something different.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The Babies R Us trade in event starts on the 27th. You could trade in that seat for a discount on a new one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC