Has anyone seen or own the new Maxi-Cosi Priori?

jdchic3

I'm not sure if a MA will fit RF behind our passenger seat and was thinking of getting one of these if it doesn't. Any thoughts?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not sure if a MA will fit RF behind our passenger seat and was thinking of getting one of these if it doesn't. Any thoughts?

I don't have one, but my question would be if the top slots are higher on this seat, the Roundabout, or the Diplomat? I would get whichever has the highest slots.

BUT...

How old is your child? If you are planning on putting an older (older infant- preschool) child in your RF convertible, the seat doesn't have to be at a 45-degree angle. Therefore, a MArathon might fit.

People on this board have gotten RF Marathons (and its clones- Wizard, Decathlon, Boulevard) in some VERY small cars such a Honda Fit, Scion TC (I think that is the name), Porsche 911, Dodge Neon, and so on. If you put the seat in more upright (up to a 30* angle), you can often get a RF Marathon in some tight situations. ;)

jdchic3

It's for my 4 month old. He's around 13 lbs and a month ago when I measured him he was almost 25 in. He has grown since then... Also, it's going in our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Behind the passenger seat. We have his snugride there right now and it has about an inch and a half between it and the seat back and then I have about an inch more I could move it up before my knees almost touch the dash.

cryswilkins

A Marathon will take up way less room than a snugride. We have our behind the passenger seat in our CRV and it is very upright for my 8 month old DD. Here is a picture.

DSC001911.jpg

mommy2env

I saw one at Target, but *I* didnt like it much. Maybe its because Im use to all the padding in the Britax's :D But in general, it looked smaller than the MA, and I think it had 5 slots, but I didnt measure them. I guess you can check with your local target to see if they have one on display. By the way, I didnt know the Maxi-cosi was made by Dorel :eek:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Dorel is the parent company in Europe as well as the distributer here in the US.

jdchic3

I didn't know Target was going to carry it! They don't have it online and it's not in our store. Maybe it will come soon though? Would be really neat if they do get it. I would like to see it in person. In the pics online though it looks like it only has 3 harness slots. Although it does go up to 35 lbs rear facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC