Checked out some new Target seats today - w/pics!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
My model is 3 years 5 months, I checked his stats this morning: 32 pounds, 39" with a 14" torso. He's my long-legged monster. :D

First, the Essential Air, adjusted to the top slot:

1-21-12001.jpg

1-21-12002.jpg

Compare to the Argos - I didn't have a tape measure, but there was WAY more room than the Essential Air:

1-21-12003.jpg

1-21-12004.jpg

Target has the True Fit Recline, YAY!

1-21-12005.jpg

1-21-12006.jpg

I :love: the True Fit. If I had any reason to need another convertible, I would totally buy this one. The fabric is silky but super soft, I really liked it. I think it was $199 though.

The Chart Air:

1-21-12007.jpg

1-21-12008.jpg

There is another harness slot, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to thread it. It's under the headrest, but that was as high as I could make the headrest adjust. It has an info flap connected behind it, so I'm not sure if it was held up by that or if that's really how the top slots are supposed to be. I flipped through the manual but Sam kept running out of the aisle so I didn't have time to figure out how it's actually supposed to work.

The Cosco Apartment APT:

1-21-12009.jpg

1-21-12010.jpg

I don't have a current picture of Sam in my Scenera, but he has at least a good inch more of growing room to the top harness slots in the Scenera than he did in the Apt. I'm not sure if he would gain more room once it installed, but I was really surprised at the significant difference. He has almost outgrown it completely, even with his tiny torso. The Apt was $54.99 and I was disappointed to see that the Scenera isn't even on the shelf at Target anymore. I did think it was great that there was a really well-worded tag on the Apt ( you can see it on his shoulder there) about RF to the max, go Dorel on that one!

If anyone is curious to compare, I snapped a pic of him in his regular seat when we got outside:

1-21-12013.jpg

Con'td in the comments....

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
A couple other interesting things, I hated this tag on the new Maestro:

1-21-12011.jpg

If the kid is that little, they need to be in the HARNESS for crying out loud. Come on, Evenflo.

1-21-12012.jpg

Dreamtime! They had boxes but no display, it was black... I didn't want to pull it out of the sealed bag just to look at it.

0121121016-00.jpg

Harmony Cruz in blue and purple.

I was in the aisle so long I got to talk a parent into a Nautilus and out of a LBB for a 40 pound 3.5 year old, so that was pretty cool. :love:

Hope the pics are helpful for comparison!

BabyKaykes

I want want WANT the Apt for Bebe!!! As much as I loved it when he was smaller, I'm kind of sick of the CCO, and he's such a big baby that it won't last much longer.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you check if he lost harness in the Essential Air if you tilted it back the way it has to go in the car?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Did you check if he lost harness in the Essential Air if you tilted it back the way it has to go in the car?

No, I didn't - I completely forgot about the awful recline requirement! I'm sure he would have though - and just based on how he fits completely upright with his tiny torso, the average 4 year old is going to be too tall for the harness.

Cath3114

BabyKaykes said:
I want want WANT the Apt for Bebe!!! As much as I loved it when he was smaller, I'm kind of sick of the CCO, and he's such a big baby that it won't last much longer.

Check out the thread I posted with measurements and pics of the Apt. It has a weird base that may not work with many vehicles RF. it was incompatible with our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We had to take it back.

BabyKaykes

Check out the thread I posted with measurements and pics of the Apt. It has a weird base that may not work with many vehicles RF. it was incompatible with our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We had to take it back.

Thanks, I had seen that. But I drive a minivan with pretty long seats.

aeormsby

Cute little carseat model! Were you at the Longmont Target? (if so I'm glad there's more than one of us that go in there and try out all the carseats)

thepote

The Chart Air looks like a recliner or something :eek:

I agree with firemomof3... short crotch straps!

Thanks for the pics!

Spam

Wow, short torso little man, lucky you! :) I was looking at those seats and thinking my A is on the top slots of the nauti and he barely fit in the TF last summer when I had one, don't think he would now at all. I wish our Target would get some cool seats.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Wow, a few of the those crotch straps are really short :(

They were all on the inner position - I didn't bother to move any of them. A few of them were coming from behind his bottom, I don't remember exactly which. I think all the seats had a further position though.

The Chart Air is HUGE. How much was the TF?

Cute carseat model. :)

YES it was really huge... as big as a Classic MA except all the way around instead of just on the sides like the MA. And the fabric is hideous lol.

True Fit was $199 - and thanks, I think he's pretty dashing! :)

Is the Tf a recline or tfp?

Recline

Cute little carseat model! Were you at the Longmont Target? (if so I'm glad there's more than one of us that go in there and try out all the carseats)

haha yep, Longmont! We don't normally go to that store, but I had to pick up some parts for DH at Frontier Honda and I needed a couple things from Target so it was on the way! :)

erind

I am jealous of your Target. Mine never has anything good. They are currently remodeling it so I am hopeful we will get a better selection.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am jealous of your Target. Mine never has anything good. They are currently remodeling it so I am hopeful we will get a better selection.

None of mine ever have cool seats either. I regularly shop at SIX (sometimes seven!) different Targets and none of them have cool seats. Granted, my local BRU and Baby Depot also have crappy selections. And Walmart. And KMart. The "best" store for carseats is Buy Buy Baby, but its location is not convenient for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC