Question Seat size between BJ Micro, Mini and Elite (double)

ADS

Athena

edited -- Yes, the Micros are from 2009 I think. I meant the 2011 minis. I think the Mini seat height has been the same for the past few years (and 2011 mini is definitely taller than 2009? Micro). But BJ is coming out with some new stuff for 2012. There is a thread here on it, if you scroll down through this forum a page or two. HTH!

noahsmom24

Yes, the Micro has taller seat backs then the Mini, this is why I went with our Micro. Ds is now 42-46lbs given the day at 4 and the steering on the Micro has become less than stellar like it use to be. However, the Elites of compariable years 09-11 have the most head room over all, but only by a 1/2" or 1" but that makes a big difference IMO. I plan to buy the Elite for ds, not sure if it will be the 2012 or previous years yet, but since the prices are pretty much the same might as well go with a 2012. Also, think about the foot room you will be getting from the Elite vs the Mini or Micro.

emma33021

So the legrest length on the Elite is bigger, too?

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm pretty new in the double stroller world. DD is now in a Zooper Twist, which I adore, but I need to get a double.

noahsmom24

I'f you are talking about the foot rest, then it isn't necessarily longer as just provides more room for their feet IMO. Ds's Micro provides foot room, but doesn't give him much room to move in any other way but the one...So sometimes he gets so annoyed he'll just let his feet dangle. The elites are made differently for where they put their feet. I would do some searched on each stroller here on cs and do some google searches as well as read reviews, you can see the different features of the stroller, pictures of different sized kids in them and this is really what helped me decide. I couldn't afford the Elite before, so went with a BNOB Micro I found for $99 which at the time was a good deal. I find the Elites are going to be an all around every day stroller for us, yes it is going to be heavier then our Micro and even heavier for you if you go with an Elite "double" but that doesn't bother me. It has the wheels to go over a lot of different terrain, I know I can do a light jog with it and It will be fine to take to long shopping trips, camping etc,.. and with the easier access to the baskets on the 2012 that is a plus to!

Have you been on the BJ site to see their measurement comparison chart?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC