Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BRU trade in!

Re: BRU trade in!

Quote Originally Posted by morlando27 View Post
    Would you get a Maestro via the BRU Trade-In Event if you prefer a gray cover instead of tan? It's not that unusual to find them on sale for around $60 at Walmart or Target, is it?
    I saw one at a Target near me on clearance (in the gray "Highlight") for $43. You might call around and see if yours has any left. The other color that's still full price is similar to the "Highlight." It was confusing to me, at first, b/c I was skeptical as to why some were on clearance and some weren't until I noticed the difference in the colors.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
    I was there today. They also had 2 fr85 on clearance for 229.90. I assume they are not counted in the trade in?

auto correct hates me
    I was able to use the trade in on a clearance b-agile.
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyMaineMama

I was able to use the trade in on a clearance b-agile.
    Really? Hmmmmmmmmmm

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
    I saw one at a Target near me on clearance (in the gray "Highlight") for $43. You might call around and see if yours has any left. The other color that's still full price is similar to the "Highlight." It was confusing to me, at first, b/c I was skeptical as to why some were on clearance and some weren't until I noticed the difference in the colors.
    Unfortunately the Target in my area doesn't have any. I've already checked but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm sure you all got the email today - but just in case you didn't:

"Extra Special Trade-In Savings" 30% off of the following instead of the 25%:

Britax Boulevard 70CS - Wyndham cover

Evenflo Maestro - Henderson cover

The email didn't specify a time for that extra % off - so i would assume that it would be for the entirety of the event.
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

Quote Originally Posted by Mags462
    I'm sure you all got the email today - but just in case you didn't:

"Extra Special Trade-In Savings" 30% off of the following instead of the 25%:

Britax Boulevard 70CS - Wyndham cover

Evenflo Maestro - Henderson cover

The email didn't specify a time for that extra % off - so i would assume that it would be for the entirety of the event.
    Yes. But when you go in to trade. They give you a coupon and one side is the 25% coupon and the other is the 30% coupon with a list of qualifying seats.

auto correct hates me

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
    Yes. But when you go in to trade. They give you a coupon and one side is the 25% coupon and the other is the 30% coupon with a list of qualifying seats.

auto correct hates me
    Gotcha... never done the trade-in, probably never will but i just thought i would mention it since there has been a lot of talk in this thread about the Maestro
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

10. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Mags462

Gotcha... never done the trade-in, probably never will but i just thought i would mention it since there has been a lot of talk in this thread about the Maestro

auto correct hates me

Quote Originally Posted by morlando27 View Post
    Unfortunately the Target in my area doesn't have any. I've already checked but thanks for the suggestion.
    No problem! None of the ones near me have had one but a store I rarely frequent (one town over) had 1 and it's not a Super Target! We bought ours on our way home from a short trip to E. Texas.

Uh oh. Just what I need to cinch the deal for the seat I want. Now I really don't have an excuse NOT to buy one. What with tax money & the deal...

CPS Fanatic

Does anyone know if you can trade in just a baby car seat base for the trade in? I don't need anything right now but in a few years when I want boosters, the trade in MIGHT make sense. I don't really want to hold on to my baby buckets until then, they're huge, they take up space... but if I kept just the bases... I keep trying to sell them on CL but no bites. And what irks me is it's not the don't buy a used car seat thing that keeps people away, if I put them for free I'd have 90 people asking. That's just how our CL works. SO if I can't sell them (sheesh, I'm only asking 20 bucks) I'll hold on to them for trade in - but it would be nice if all I had to keep was the bases.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I tried trading in a base once and they didn't let me.

16. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic
    I wouldnt hold onto anything, there are always free and cheap expired seats on Craigslist and Freecycle that you can grab and use. Truely, the BRU trade in isnt always the cheapest deal, you might find boosters cheaper somewhere else when the time comes

CPS Fanatic

I know their deals aren't so great but on some things they can be - a turbo booster seemed like it would be, with the discount. (Hoping the new improved version will be nice!!!) So if I could just hold on to the bases, I thought I would. Oh well. They won't just take bases...

Do you know if you have to use the coupon the day you trade in?
    Ethan (6*13*2000) 5 stepping big kid, Toryn (6*18*04) graco turbobooster, Julian (2*8*08) ERF in a MR, Jaxson, due 5*11*2012 seat undecided

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by aetj115 View Post
    Do you know if you have to use the coupon the day you trade in?
    Yes, you must use it the same day. So, check to make sure they have what you want before you give them your stuff!
    DD age 9
    DS age 7
    DD age 5
    DS age 2

Thanks
    Ethan (6*13*2000) 5 stepping big kid, Toryn (6*18*04) graco turbobooster, Julian (2*8*08) ERF in a MR, Jaxson, due 5*11*2012 seat undecided

Carseat Crazy

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has luck getting the b-agile for the online price and then using the trade-in coupon. Thanks.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2kandm View Post
    Just bumping this up to see if anyone has luck getting the b-agile for the online price and then using the trade-in coupon. Thanks.
    No, the computer won't let you do both an online price AND a coupon
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    No, the computer won't let you do both an online price AND a coupon
    Has anyone tried going to the store and have them order one for you? Maybe that way you could get both?
    DD1 Aug 2006 Big Kid LX, DD2 Feb 2010 rf RA50. Form of transportation - Matrix