Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BRU trade in!

Senior Community Member tarynsmum's Avatar

Re: BRU trade in!

Quote Originally Posted by YinzerMama View Post
    I know their deals aren't so great but on some things they can be - a turbo booster seemed like it would be, with the discount. (Hoping the new improved version will be nice!!!) So if I could just hold on to the bases, I thought I would. Oh well. They won't just take bases...
    See, I was thinking that, but the cheapest Turbo at BRU is like $60, which with the trade-in only brings it down to $45. Target does the Turbos at least twice a year (?) for $35-ish, $50 regular price. So, I don't know. Definitely not worth keeping a seat around for it, and borderline not worth it at all for the Turbo (unless BRU has a specific cover you want that are willing to pay a little more for, I guess).
    ~Heather
    DD: 8 years old, 48lbs, 50". DS: 5 years old, 36lbs, 40.5".

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    Has anyone tried going to the store and have them order one for you? Maybe that way you could get both?
    Yep, that is what i was wondering. Sorry my post wasnt clear.

I just bought a B-Agile for $149.99! I traded in a crashed old dirt seat and used the 25% off coupon plus showed them their online price and the manager honored the cheaper online price without blinking an eye :-) plus, no sales tax here
    Last edited by gsdguenter; 04-20-2012 at 08:35 AM.

I am heading there tomorrow to pick up the Argos for my friend, for Nour. I am going to trade in the SS1 I have, and my friend has $50 in gift cards that the kids got for Christmas. Both kids will have new seats; Zain an Onyx FR85 and Nour the Argos in Eliza. We decided that the FR85 would be too much for Nour, as tiny as she is.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2kandm View Post
    Yep, that is what i was wondering. Sorry my post wasnt clear.
    Coupon's only good on in-store items unless they are sold out, THEN they can order the same one (exact same model/color/etc) and use the coupon. It won't work on anything that's online only (someone returned a parkway sgl to my store--we don't sell those in store--, someone else bought it (random box on the floor), and the coupon even knew that the item was not from 'instore', and it wouldn't work till the customers had to have a manager override it (which is a big ol' pain, doable, but people can get in trouble for it).
    Is that the question?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gsdguenter View Post
    I just bought a B-Agile for $149.99! I traded in a crashed old dirt seat and used the 25% off coupon plus showed them their online price and the manager honored the cheaper online price without blinking an eye :-) plus, no sales tax here
    Now we have to hit Fox Run with our matching B-Agiles
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyMaineMama View Post
    Now we have to hit Fox Run with our matching B-Agiles
    Haha, yup

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Coupon's only good on in-store items unless they are sold out, THEN they can order the same one (exact same model/color/etc) and use the coupon. It won't work on anything that's online only (someone returned a parkway sgl to my store--we don't sell those in store--, someone else bought it (random box on the floor), and the coupon even knew that the item was not from 'instore', and it wouldn't work till the customers had to have a manager override it (which is a big ol' pain, doable, but people can get in trouble for it).
    Is that the question?
    Yes and no. If the item is sold ou and the online price is cheaper, will the coupon be applied to the online price or store price. I know someone was able to get the store to match the online price and then use the coupon. I was just wondering is that the norm or the exception.