News BRU trade in!

cmm7

Can the seats be naked? One of the ones I just picked up has the "owl cover" that Z was oh so sad I trashed with the seat when it expired. I want to keep it and make a pillow or something for her with it. Will they accept naked seats?

ADS

Brianna

Yep. The goal is to get unsafe baby gear out of use, and a naked car seat is certainly unsafe :) There doesn't have to be anything wrong with what you turn in, and it doesn't have to be function-able to turn it in either.

Last edited:

paintedbison

Just wanted to give an update that my BRU said you could use the coupon online. I couldn't get it to work, so I called customer service and they put it in on over the phone. Got a boulevard cowmoo!

jdlcmommy

Are BRUs prices the same in store as online for the most part? For example, I am looking at. Britax roundabout 55. Online it says "list price" is 199 but their price is 159.
When I go to the store, will it be 159 or 199?

Mags462

Anyone know if I could use a trade in coupon to buy a peg perego stroller online? Is that an excluded brand?

This is what i found on their website dated 1/26/2012:

Brands participating in the “Great Trade-In” event include Babi Italia®, Babies”R”Us, Baby Cache®, Baby Einstein™, Baby Trend®, Bergamo®, Bright Starts™, Britax®, Carter’s®, Chicco®, Combi®, Contours by Kolcraft®, Delta™, Europa Baby®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Jeep®, Lamaze®, Little Tikes®, Maxi-Cosi®, Safety 1st®, S1 by Safety 1st®, Signature Series by Graco®, Sorelle™, Step2® and Summer Infant®. Customers can save 25% on a new purchase, within any of the specified product categories, from any of the aforementioned manufacturers, in Babies”R”Us and Toys”R”Us stores nationwide on the day they trade in their used item.

So i don't think you can use your 25% off on a Peg.... but you never know. I might call and ask. :D

You can't use the trade in coupon online, only in store

The PP above just did.... so maybe it's possible if you call :eek:

YinzerMama

Their prices are so weird. They're so high that many times even with 25% off you can find a better deal on line, so unless you want a BRU specific color, it's not worth it. (IE that girly argos is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet) But their online prices aren't always as high as their store prices. Pretty sure the Parkway is more in store than on line, but they don't have it at all at my store (just in the flier) and I don't think they have cow in store anywhere. If they sell the item in store but not in all colors they should at least in that case let you order/use on line.

I guess I have no point other than to say their prices are weird and the trade-in isn't as exciting as it seems on the surface LOL

Nurslings

I got a Chicco Strada at BRU today :love:

I'm so in love with it and I got a great deal at 114.00 (from 179)

I also got the TFP Lamaze for 174

NannyMom

Their prices are so weird. They're so high that many times even with 25% off you can find a better deal on line, so unless you want a BRU specific color, it's not worth it. (IE that girly argos is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet) But their online prices aren't always as high as their store prices. Pretty sure the Parkway is more in store than on line, but they don't have it at all at my store (just in the flier) and I don't think they have cow in store anywhere. If they sell the item in store but not in all colors they should at least in that case let you order/use on line.

I guess I have no point other than to say their prices are weird and the trade-in isn't as exciting as it seems on the surface LOL

I agree. That's why I've never bought anything at the trade in :(

lorinick

Just wanted to give an update that my BRU said you could use the coupon online. I couldn't get it to work, so I called customer service and they put it in on over the phone. Got a boulevard cowmoo!

I Have no idea how you did that. It's not allowed, so no one else should get excited about it. It is in store only with patterns carried in store. They can order online if the item is out of stock, but only colors and patterns carried online.

paintedbison

I Have no idea how you did that. It's not allowed, so no one else should get excited about it. It is in store only with patterns carried in store. They can order online if the item is out of stock, but only colors and patterns carried online.

Weird. I called our local store to ask if I could use it online and they said yes. Then I called the customer service number when the code wouldn't work and she said it was working on other items, just not the one I wanted. No one acted like it shouldn't have worked. I'm wanting to do it a second time. We'll see if I can get it to work again...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I could have sworn that you were allowed to use the coupon online, but only that day. Maybe that was just the first time they did the trade-in?

I've never participated in the trade-in. I took in a SS1 base once, but they told me that didn't count. I haven't had anything to trade since then.

mscarder

I traded in several things last year and was able to have the store order them online. The only stipulation was I had to pick it up from the store it couldnt be shipped to my house. Maybe different stores and employees let things slide sometimes?

morlando27

Would you get a Maestro via the BRU Trade-In Event if you prefer a gray cover instead of tan? It's not that unusual to find them on sale for around $60 at Walmart or Target, is it?

Baylor

I was there today. They also had 2 fr85 on clearance for 229.90. I assume they are not counted in the trade in?

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC