Has anybody called to see how many Britax chest clips one person can order at a time?

tjham

Seriously! That $8 shipping for one $3.00 chest clip is ridiculous! I didn't pay much more than that for shipping for new harness straps and a new cover! If anyones tries it, I'll buy a couple from you!

ADS

supercrunch

by playing around with their website, it looks like you can order up to 8 chest clips with an $8.50 shipping charge. Any more than that and the shipping bumps up to $10

supercrunch

So if 8 people order, and split the shipping 8 ways, it will be $4.06 per chest clip...then actual shipping from the orderer to each person (probably around $1 each)

I would be in for at least 2, possibly 3

Anyone want to organize this?
I would, but I don't have my paypal account hooked up to my bank account (so I still have sending and receiving limits)

tjham

Sooooo, I wonder how many you can get for $10 shipping? :D ;)

Wow, I just tried it. It went up to 25 before changing to $15!

Think someone could sell that many for $5 each including shipping?

Sure beats $11!

I'm in for 2, and would be willing to be the buy through person, provided their shipping is fairly quick (we're moving in a month) and people are willing to prepay for their order to my paypal.

If you can get up to 25 for $10 shipping, that's only $.40 shipping, each, plus actual cost to ship to the ultimate owners. Someone help me on this one. I'm guessing they should be able to ship for around $1.00 a piece? So, if we get 25 orders, the "purchase price" would be $3.50 (added .10 for processing :)) plus like $1.00 shipping for 1, and like $.50 for each additional.

Would they be okay to just wrap in some packing foam stuff and put in a regular or business envelope and mail that way? Or is there a better/but still cheap way to do it?

Why don't we start an actual count of who wants how many? Cut and paste and add your numbers:

Number of clips: user name: total count:

2 rearfacingadvocate 2 (add your #)

tjham

I guess it would seem strange if you didn't know what we are talking about! The Radian started out with a Britax like chest clip and then changed to one that many of us don't like as well. Russ, a CS rep at Radian's company said it was OK to use a Britax clip (Actually he said "diff clip").

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm placing an order for chest clips today, but I already need 4, and with my upcoming move, I don't have time to wait and/or ship a whole bunch out.

Sorry.

Okay, I contacted REcaro's cust service and here's what they said:

"I can’t guarantee that the chest clip is the same as the Britax chest clip. The clip itself would be $2.50 per clip plus shipping which would probably be about $25.0 - $5.00 depending on where it is going."

So, no gaurentees they are the exact same. But it's a pre-crash conditioner anyway, right? They are cheaper, and I'm guessing she meant $.25-$5.00, or maybe $2.50. I did ask about a group order, but she didn't answer that. However, even if you went for just 2, it would likely be around $10 total, instead of $14 through Britax. Plus, I'd rather mine doesn't say "britax" on it.

Also, it hit me last night, that we're actually moving in only 2 1/2 weeks (time got away), so I can't be the order through. We're moving to Alaska for three months, so I refuse to ship in and out of there.

Stepanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC