Baby monitor recs?

mom2juliarose

Our Fisher Price Sound 'n Lights monitor is 8 years old and just kicked the bucket. Of course, DS is moving into his room this weekend. ;) Can anyone recommend a simple non-video monitor that works well, both units can be plugged in, and isn't really expensive? TIA!

ADS

jessi f

I have the graco secure coverage digital one like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AHKUHW/ref=asc_df_B004AHKUHW1869617?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004AHKUHW"]this[/ame] but mine just has the single parent unit so it was more like $40 at target. It's super clear and both units have been dropped several times and still work great :eek: It's a little more $ than the non digital but I think it's worth it. I could never get the other kind to lose that last little bit of static.

mcomommy

We bought this one one month after DD1 was born and it still works perfect.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/NTM-910YLW-Sony-Baby-Nursery-Monitor/dp/B000S35QLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330397877&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor: Baby[/ame]

Pixels

I have the graco secure coverage digital one like this but mine just has the single parent unit so it was more like $40 at target. It's super clear and both units have been dropped several times and still work great :eek: It's a little more $ than the non digital but I think it's worth it. I could never get the other kind to lose that last little bit of static.

We have this one as well. Love it. Dropped the parent units more than a couple of times. In fact, DS loves to come into our room, grab the monitor, and drop it on the hardwood floor. :rolleyes: The only problem we've had with it is after three years, the batteries have died. We just leave them plugged in all the time, no big deal, but replacement batteries are available if we cared.

I think we're going to get another (maybe the single parent unit version?) for kid3 because we still need a monitor for DS as well.

Dillipop

We have the Sony Baby Call as well. I take it to the bus stop if dd is still sleeping and it starts beeping if I start to go out of range. It's worked nicely for us so far and the parent unit plugs in and also has a rechargeable battery. We really like it.

Jillian

Dillipop said:
We have the Sony Baby Call as well. I take it to the bus stop if dd is still sleeping and it starts beeping if I start to go out of range. It's worked nicely for us so far and the parent unit plugs in and also has a rechargeable battery. We really like it.

Wish I had known this when my goodwill had tons NIB! Lol we weren't expecting then and I've been trying to be good about unnecessary spending.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC