Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Baby monitor recs?

Our Fisher Price Sound 'n Lights monitor is 8 years old and just kicked the bucket. Of course, DS is moving into his room this weekend. Can anyone recommend a simple non-video monitor that works well, both units can be plugged in, and isn't really expensive? TIA!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member jessi f's Avatar

Re: Baby monitor recs?

I have the graco secure coverage digital one like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AHKUHW/ref=asc_df_B004AHKUHW1869617?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ta g=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004A HKUHW"]this[/ame] but mine just has the single parent unit so it was more like $40 at target. It's super clear and both units have been dropped several times and still work great It's a little more $ than the non digital but I think it's worth it. I could never get the other kind to lose that last little bit of static.
    mommy to J ~ 7 and M ~ 4 riding in our '09 Mazda5

I only have Mobi but I love them and they do make non-video style ones.

Senior Community Member mcomommy's Avatar

We bought this one one month after DD1 was born and it still works perfect.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/NTM-910YLW-Sony-Baby-Nursery-Monitor/dp/B000S35QLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330397877&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor: Baby[/ame]
    E wife to J and homeschooling mommy to
    M 11 years in a seatbelt
    C 9 years in a Graco Affix BB
    O 7 years in a Graco Affix HBB
    H 3 years in a Chicco Nextfit

Quote Originally Posted by jessi f View Post
    I have the graco secure coverage digital one like this but mine just has the single parent unit so it was more like $40 at target. It's super clear and both units have been dropped several times and still work great It's a little more $ than the non digital but I think it's worth it. I could never get the other kind to lose that last little bit of static.
    We have this one as well. Love it. Dropped the parent units more than a couple of times. In fact, DS loves to come into our room, grab the monitor, and drop it on the hardwood floor. The only problem we've had with it is after three years, the batteries have died. We just leave them plugged in all the time, no big deal, but replacement batteries are available if we cared.

I think we're going to get another (maybe the single parent unit version?) for kid3 because we still need a monitor for DS as well.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by mcomommy View Post
    We bought this one one month after DD1 was born and it still works perfect.

Amazon.com: NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor: Baby
    This is the one we have and it's been great. We had another one that got a lot of interference (and we live in the middle of nowhere, so it wasn't other people's electronics). I can take this one outside away from the house a good distance, and it still works well.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

We have the Sony Baby Call as well. I take it to the bus stop if dd is still sleeping and it starts beeping if I start to go out of range. It's worked nicely for us so far and the parent unit plugs in and also has a rechargeable battery. We really like it.

CCO 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop
    We have the Sony Baby Call as well. I take it to the bus stop if dd is still sleeping and it starts beeping if I start to go out of range. It's worked nicely for us so far and the parent unit plugs in and also has a rechargeable battery. We really like it.
    Wish I had known this when my goodwill had tons NIB! Lol we weren't expecting then and I've been trying to be good about unnecessary spending.
    Mommy to
    Jackson January 2010

McKinley September 2012