Another RN question

Lenae

Okay, so DD is at the third slot. She's just level with it in the house (my Jeep still isn't off the barge yet), and I thought kids lost a little room when it was installed, so I left it. Here's the thing. When I adjust the wings all the way down, it's still pretty far above her head. Like, at the top of her ears, and it seems like there is a hump that pushes her head forward. Even if she loses an inch in height when it's installed, the wings will still be over her head. Do I leave them? Adjust them all the way to the top?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think you have to put them all the way back up unless the bottom of the wings is at her chin. I think that's what I've heard the manual says.

Wendy

Pixels

When the harness is in the third slot, the wings should be lowered. There is nothing about being even with the chin. I'm not sure that's even physically possible to achieve no matter how large the child is.

tiggercat

They might not be all the way down, can you visually see the bottom of the wings if you pull the cover out of the way? There are little square foam pieces that can get pushed out of the way and block the wings from going all the way down.
Also, check to make sure there is no foam or padding bunched behind the cover in the head area. there are a bunch of layers but when everything is as it should be, it shouldn't push her head forward.
I think my Avatar show Sam in an XT on the 3rd slot with the wings all the way down. The wings aren't really at chin level but they do contain his head nicely.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The wings are a huge PITA. I fight with those suckers. This is the lowest I can get them, and they won't go all the way up either.
radian3.jpg

Lenae

The wings are a huge PITA. I fight with those suckers. This is the lowest I can get them, and they won't go all the way up either.
radian3.jpg

My wings are lower than that. I am pretty sure they're all the way down because they're at the bottom of the fabric opening. I'm going to fiddle with the cover and padding and stuff to make sure nothing is bunched behind, because there is a visible hump there. My camera is malfunctioning, otheriwse I would take some pictures.

Tiggercat, the wings don't come even close to containing DD's head like your picture. Barely the top of her head reaches.

I can't be the only one who's had this problem, right? Can I just put the wings up for now?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC