Anyone have a Vivo

jenfrogmom

Do you like it? I am not in love with the new style Montery. I am considering getting a Vivo instead. How is the SIP? Pics would be awesome. Thanks! :)

ADS

wildeyes

i had one for my 10 yr old. she liked it, loved the headwings for sleeping. i personally thought it was kinda hard and not cushy, but the one i had was an older style. i think it has maybe 1 or 2 years left on it? (kecia has it now i dont have it anymore) we never had issues buckling it, but she was never in it next to another person or seat either.

momtoo3

Ds2 has one in dh's car. We like it. The only downside is the lack of leg support with the shallow seat depth. Ds2 has never complained about it though. If he does we will use a rolled towel. He is extremely leggy. The SIP is great.

DSC06865-1.jpg

DSC06861-1.jpg

christineka

I love the vivo! I think my dd was 9 at the time of the photo.

cboost2.jpg

We've had it 3 across and depending on the 3 across, it's not a big deal to buckle.

Melanie

We really like ours. It's now DD2 (6.5) main seat. She's tall and skinny. She sleeps decently but she's not a great booster sleeper. I'm sure she'd be worse in a booster with wider or smaller wings. I've had several kids in it and not had any complaints. From ages just 4 (emergency) to 3rd grader sized. The older leggy kids don't look like they have much leg support, but no one has complained. I like the arms being stationary. It's one less thing to check on and to go wrong with someone else. It hasn't been any more of an issue in 3 across than any other booster...they're all a pain to buckle.

My only 1/2 complaint, and it's very minor...is using it with longer belt stalks. One of our positions isn't great because the buckle hits right under the arm rest so it doesn't tighten as well as I'd like. Longer or shorter stalks work just fine. Again, I think that's more of a specific vehicle/specific spot incompatibility than an issue with the booster.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
DD loves hers. I feel like the Vivo gives her the best fit, IMO. Tons of SIP and head support. The only pic I have on this computer is of her sleeping in it:

TarynVivo.jpg

babyherder

I have one that i use with my babysitting kiddos so no pics. However, it has huge side wings and none of the kids have ever complained about comfort but we only go on short drives. Its provided a great belt fit on every kid i ever tried it on (4 year old in the low 40s weight range, 6 year old that's probably nearing 60lbs, 7 year old about 50lbs). I find it annoying to buckle but I don't have to do it often. The kids can't usually do it by themselves but probably could if I spent a lot of time teaching them how. The 7 year old is starting to get it but doesn't really tighten the belt so I do that. The biggest issue I have with it is telling kids to sit back so their heads are in the wings.

bekah

My DS likes his. He does have a hard time buckling it but it fits him great. He is 45.5 inches and 41 lbs at 6 years-old. It's our back-up seat in dh's car. My 4 year old DD also gets a great belt fit in it but I never drive with her in it. She is 41 inches, 36 lbs and 4 years-old. Ours only has 2 years left on it. That's the biggest detractor for me, the 6 year expiration. I with it had 10 years like the Turbobooster.

Murphy's Law

I love mine. It fits my petite 7 year old quite well, and her 4.4 year old brother equally well (we use it in a pinch with him, he's generally still harnessed). I drove my kids 2800 miles over 5 days this past summer. Dd was in the Vivo and I didn't hear her say she was uncomfortable even one time. She slept great and was comfortable and happy the whole ride. Unless you have a kid with super long legs, I'd get it. We love ours.

aeormsby

We just got one for DD last week. It works great so far - a much better fit in our truck than the PWSGL was. And DH said she fell asleep in it with no problems. DD seems to like it too. (no pictures of it in use yet).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I love mine! I use it in a pinch with my six-year-old niece and we both love it. It definitely works best for more petite-build kids. My godson wasn't comfortable in it when he was eight, but he is broader in build.

thepote

Just throwing it out there... if you are into the SIP thing... we have a Safety 1st Boost Air that we like. It's butt-ugly :p and requires vehicle headrest support, but I like it for DS3 (age 5.5) in the outboard position in DH's car. The lapbelt fits him well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC