Buy now or wait for a better deal?

purplemama

I'm planning on getting a MR for DD. She is currently in a SR30 which I will need for the new baby in April. I would like to have a MR no later than early to mid March. DD was a three week early emergency and helping DH install a infant bucket base in freezing temps in a parking garage after a c-section was not something I'd like to repeat. So I'd like to be all ready car seat wise well in advance.
I can get a MR on sale tomorrow at Meijer (mperks 15% off all GM and apparel this Sat. only) for about $126 or so with tax.
Or should I wait and see if the MR goes on sale sometime in the next month or so?

ADS

thepote

I always ask myself is it worth $__ to just stop thinking about it :D

If you know what you want now, saving $25 might not be worth stressing over watching for deals, timing it right, etc... especially if you want DD to have some time in the MR before the baby comes to make sure it's going to work for her, and to wash and set up the SR30 for the new baby.

BTW, with my baby DD about the same age as yours I keep thinking about how it would be to be expecting another :eek: :love:

purplemama

Target does $100 MR quite regularly....

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

I keep waiting.......I was hoping for this past week.

I always ask myself is it worth $__ to just stop thinking about it :D

If you know what you want now, saving $25 might not be worth stressing over watching for deals, timing it right, etc... especially if you want DD to have some time in the MR before the baby comes to make sure it's going to work for her, and to wash and set up the SR30 for the new baby.

BTW, with my baby DD about the same age as yours I keep thinking about how it would be to be expecting another :eek: :love:

Good point. It's always easier to install seats without being too hugely pregnant also.

And yeah, it's kinda scary to think that in 3 months I'll have a newborn, a 16 month old and a 4 year old. Not to mention a 13 year old. :eek: Not exactly the timing we wanted but it is what it is. And I don't deal well with stress. Fun times are coming, yes they are.

henrietta

I keep waiting.......I was hoping for this past week.

Good point. It's always easier to install seats without being too hugely pregnant also.

And yeah, it's kinda scary to think that in 3 months I'll have a newborn, a 16 month old and a 4 year old. Not to mention a 13 year old. :eek: Not exactly the timing we wanted but it is what it is. And I don't deal well with stress. Fun times are coming, yes they are.

Then I would totally buy what you want right now. The extra $25 won't break you, and it just might save your sanity in a few weeks. My boys were both preemies, and there were some things that were just worth having done early (NOT including their actual deliveries!) You need to be resting when you can right now and getting things together for your older children, not worrying about a carseat.

Congrats!

henrietta

purplemama

Then I would totally buy what you want right now. The extra $25 won't break you, and it just might save your sanity in a few weeks. My boys were both preemies, and there were some things that were just worth having done early (NOT including their actual deliveries!) You need to be resting when you can right now and getting things together for your older children, not worrying about a carseat.

Congrats!

henrietta

Thanks. :) Resting? What on earth is that? ;)

lovemybabybug

Check your BRU too. Mine had a bunch a couple of weeks ago with the old insert for around $89 ( they were on csale for $128 + extra 30% off)

purplemama

Well, I didn't buy at Meijer today. I'm going to wait until next weekend and do the BRU trade in so I can get the Sonata cover. DH wants his princess in a pink seat :rolleyes:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC