At 5 years old booster or FF Radian without tether?

ilo

If your choices for 5 year old (about 40lbs 42-43 inches) child would be to either use well fitting HBB or FF XTSL without tether which one would you use? This is to be used with grandparents driving short distances in the city not high speeds at all and in our primary vehicle DD will continue to RF in Multitech. DD is calm and a rule follower and is able to sit nicely in a booster.

ADS

Pixels

Whichever you think is more appropriate for the child's level of maturity and size. Properly used, neither is safer or less safe than the other.

ilo

Thanks,

it is so weird to me that DD is soon big enough to safely drive in booster. I think we will do the change next summer. At the moment she is using the Radian RF in that car but is getting quite tall for it, it is also hard to install and inconvenient for my in-laws. They have to keep it in their car all the time as when they take it out I have to go to install it. I think I will give them a HBB so they can easily take it out when they have other grandkids in their car or let them use the HBB.

It will still take some time to get used to have DD FF and I'm sure that at first I will worry and install Multitech in their car if they would want to drive anywhere further than normally with DD:rolleyes:.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Whichever you think is more appropriate for the child's level of maturity and size. Properly used, neither is safer or less safe than the other.

:yeahthatlove:

And if both would be properly used, it would be perfectly fine to choose whichever one is more convenient.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC