Reason #17 to not check a car seat when flying

TXAggieTech

Normal side view:

012012005.jpg

Money down the drain:

012012006.jpg

Southwest was nice enough to give me the seat, it was marked 'trash' and I was being nosy. It will go in with out local coalition's training seats. The agent said they normally do not replace seats that are damaged but since it was so obvious they did purchase a new seat for the family.

Orbit Toddler Seat, retails for $360. Can't remember how much they gave them for the new seat but remember thinking they must of have bought them a Frontier.

ADS

christineka

This is the orbit toddler seat? Could you take lots more photos and try it out with a kid and stuff? I saw the orbit toddler seat on nbd recently and drooled over it, but maybe it's a horrible seat.

selinajean

What is the piece that was broken off? I'm not familiar with this seat and I'm having a hard time making out what the picture is of.

rxmommy

Am I the only one wondering why someone would check that seat?

That, and why Southwest would give you the seat. I mean you're obviously smart enough to just use as a training seat, which is really cool, but how do they know you're telling the truth? Seems like they're exposing themselves to a HUGE liability by giving away an unsafe seat.

TXAggieTech

That, and why Southwest would give you the seat. I mean you're obviously smart enough to just use as a training seat, which is really cool, but how do they know you're telling the truth? Seems like they're exposing themselves to a HUGE liability by giving away an unsafe seat.

I gave them a business card and asked if she needed anything further. I thought I was gonna have to push the issue but I think she was glad not to have to take it to the dumpster.

It was totally random that I got it! A friend asked if we would pick up a stroller that they left on a SW flight while I was picking my husband up from the airport. It was an airport in Austin, 90 miles from our house. I was pretty giddy and he was rolling his eyes trying to figure out why I had a stroller and car seat when he got to baggage claim! :)

honeydew

Are you giving it to Bev and Myrna? I need to make it out that way. Are there any checks coming up soon? I have flexibility during the week to help out.

TXAggieTech

Yes. I have been holding on to it for several months, they finally moved into their new building.

The is a bike rodeo event in April and the check in May. Not sure what else, we have a meeting next week and I'll have to pay attention!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC