Now I know 2 IRL ERFers!

Cath3114

I started a new job a few weeks ago. I'm under the supervision of a guy who is licensed in our field. He has a 26m son. We went to a home to do a joint counseling session yesterday. I was so excited to see a RF seat in his backseat, properly installed and everything! Of course I had to be a nerd and give him props on it. He was actually quite knowledgable.

And DD's babysitter has a daughter who just turned one this week. I met them when she was only 7 months and my DD had just turned one. She had planned on ERF before I met them, and honestly that was the deciding factor for her to be our sitter. Of course I would have educated her if she hadn't known, but I was so happy I wouldn't have to worry about her putting my DD FF in her car.

So I went from knowing no IRL ERFers to knowing 2 in one week! And it excites me, because with the amount of poverty and no education in New Orleans, I'm constantly seeing FF expired infant buckets or 4 young kids bouncing around in the backseat, with the middle two sharing a lap only belt.

Pointless post :)

ADS

hrice

I get the excitement.

I know several ERFers. They all ERFed because of my advice. :love:My coworker RF'd her son until 2 mos before his 3rd bday and I have 2 friends and both of my SILs that ERF. I also have a couple of friends that are PG with their first and plan on ERF.:D

I also know a few CSOers IRL and of course they ERF too.

justKate

I totally get it.

There was one ERFer in DD's little gym class when we lived in Austin, but I don't know any now (here in VA).

Brianna

I wish I could say the same. I have a feeling if I talk to a parent/caregiver that ERF I will have to hold my self back from high-fiving them :)

T4K

I work with someone who does, she is the only one I know. We are teachers...convo went like this:

A: I can't stand doing curb duty. The unrestrained kids make me mad at parents.
Me: :eek: I thought I was the only one who noticed! I can't stand seeing them improperly restrained, either.
A: I even have "M" still turned! Did you know that turning them around too early you risk internal decapitation!
Me: [casually containing excitement, playing it cool] Yeah, I heard that...I think N will stay rearfacing as long as possible.
A: Good for you!

Cath3114

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
I work with someone who does, she is the only one I know. We are teachers...convo went like this:

A: I can't stand doing curb duty. The unrestrained kids make me mad at parents.
Me: :eek: I thought I was the only one who noticed! I can't stand seeing them improperly restrained, either.
A: I even have "M" still turned! Did you know that turning them around too early you risk internal decapitation!
Me: [casually containing excitement, playing it cool] Yeah, I heard that...I think N will stay rearfacing as long as possible.
A: Good for you!

The convo today went:

C: So I have to tell you, and I'll probably sound like a nerd, but I LOVE that you still have W rear-facing!
G: Oh so you know all about their heavy heads and risk for neck injury?
C: Yeah, I started doing all the research after we were rear ended and had to buy a new seat. Luckily I had that seat checked by a tech, the EMT was a tech and so impressed I was actually using a car seat right so she wasn't injured.
G: My wife did all the research, but she said he will be RF for awhile. His main seat is a Britax so he can to 40 pounds in it. My in-laws bought the one in my car, but he still has plenty of time in it. We have friends with a 27m old and hate that they've been having him FF.

:)

blueindigo

I wish I could say the same. I have a feeling if I talk to a parent/caregiver that ERF I will have to hold my self back from high-fiving them :)

Me too. I have never seen any child ERF IRL (and I look all the time). I am afraid if/when I see one, I may squeal with joy :eek:......But, I am hopeful I will see one one day.

OP that is wonderful you have seen some more ERFers in your area :)

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I was sitting in Staples parking lot one day, talking on the phone with my girlfriend. A woman walked out of Staples with an older toddler (2-3) and walked over to a van. I thought nothing of it til she drove by me and I could see a RF seat with the girl in it. I was FLOORED!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC