Pics of Gavin in the Maestro.

zactayaus

I'll start out by saying I was a little apprehensive about this seat at first. I even had no desire to play with one at all because well, it just felt cheap to me:eek:, but when I found one for only $40 on clearance at Target it was hard to pass up. At first I even figured I might just play with it a little and then sell it. However this seat has proven me wrong. I really like it. It's light weight (would make a great travel seat), nice deep side wings, decent upper weight limit (50lbs), very generous top slots (I measured them at 18") and easy to install. It's just an all around user friendly car seat. It's also only one of a handful of seats that would keep my giant torso 2 1/2yo harnessed to a more appropriate booster age at a very affordable price. I will definitely be recommending this seat more often.:)

And as a disclaimer I just wanted to let everyone know that Gavin has never once ridden FF in any vehicle. This seat will however find it's home in MIL's car for the one or two times every month or two that she may have to drive him some where and well then that will more than likely be his first FF ride. It would just be to difficult for my 70+yo MIL to lift my almost 35lb kid up into a RF seat.

So on to the pics!

This is what he looked like when I first put him in:
103_0413.jpg

And this is what he looked like once he settled in (you can see how he slouched down a bit from the first pic):
103_0426.jpg

103_0424.jpg

103_0421.jpg

103_0428.jpg

You can see all the harness slots in this pic:
103_0427.jpg

And side by side comparison pics of Gavin in the Maestro vs. the Cargo for Nannymom::)
103_0413-1.jpg
103_0354-1.jpg
103_0426-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

clmchrissy

I was really suprised how much I ended up loving the Meastro too! Your son fits about the same as my average sized 4 yr old, may be just a tad more below the second to top slots. The only issue I'm having w/ the Meastro is that is leaving red marks on the right side of his neck, but he's not complaining about it either.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
He looks so grown up! Still as cute as always though, and his pajamas are adorable.

I really like how he fits in the Maestro!

zactayaus

Do you find that the harness is too close to his neck though? That has been my hangup on this seat :(

Yes, I did find that it was a tad too close for my likings but it didn't seem to bother him so I guess that's what matters. Personally I still wouldn't use this seat as our every day seat as much as I do like it. I much prefer the GN and FR for that.:)

lovemybabybug

Holy torso, batman!
I am stalking my Target for one at that price. The kid I babysit is THIS close to outgrowing my DD's MR RF ( she had about 1 3/4 inches back in december), and when I go back to babysitting her in May, unless I find a cheap RN in the swap forum, I might need a FF seat for her. Do you know how is puzzles in a 3 across? Right now I have a MR, a Scenera and a Baby Trend Bucket, and they don't go together at all.

hrice

I want to steal him. He would make a nice addition to my collection of little boys. And his name even ends with "n"! :love:

noahsmom24

I just wanted to say Gavin is so cute and so big-boy looking in these pics! lol I left cs.org a while and before I left he was born and since I've been back it's been so crazy to see pics of him as he grows! lol :)
The maestro looks like a great seat!

lovemybabybug

I just realized your siggy says you have a MR. Any chance you can try putting them next to each other? I have a feeling it won't work, but I can hope right?

blueindigo

Thanks for sharing the pictures- cute kiddo!..... out of curiosity, what is Gavins torso height (if you don't mind sharing of course).

zactayaus

I want to steal him. He would make a nice addition to my collection of little boys. And his name even ends with "n"! :love:

Well I'm not giving him up anytime soon but I do happen to have an 8yo with a name that's ends in "n" that I've been thinking of re-homing lately.:p;)

I just wanted to say Gavin is so cute and so big-boy looking in these pics! lol I left cs.org a while and before I left he was born and since I've been back it's been so crazy to see pics of him as he grows! lol :)
The maestro looks like a great seat!

Aww, :thanx!:

I just realized your siggy says you have a MR. Any chance you can try putting them next to each other? I have a feeling it won't work, but I can hope right?

We are about to run out to the store but I can when I get back.:)

Thanks for sharing the pictures- cute kiddo!..... out of curiosity, what is Gavins torso height (if you don't mind sharing of course).

Well it's hard to measure on my super wiggly kiddo but I'm getting around 14 1/2" give or take a half inch. lol.

NannyMom

So when Sofi outgrows her Cargo in 2 months, we're going to meet up and you'll trade me for the Maestro, right? ;) I think my CArgo has more time on it than yours (it's a 2008).

I NEED to find a clearance Maestro. That's the only way I can justify it. No luck at the 2 local targets :(

vonfirmath

We LOVE our Maestro. We bought it as a daycare seat at 2.5 years old or so. It became DS's primary seat at 3y1m or so and he's used it ever since. Including travelling on a plane once.

Every once in a while I wish for a Graco nautilus or something... but we don't NEED it and this seat works beautifully. Its installed great in several cars, is lightweight, and just works for us.

Baylor

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and your opinion..

I have to friends who need combo seats for their kids and they can not spend much.. So this is something I could look for for them on sale or maybe at the bru trade in..

Thanks!!! And that boy?? He is soooooooo cute!!

zactayaus

Well I put them next to each other on the sofa in my camper (that's where all my seats are currently hanging out:cool:). If you put the two next to each other FF they actually play very nice together. The cup holder on the MR fits right over top of the Maestro cup holder and the just puzzle great. If you put the MR RF then I'm afraid it wouldn't work in a smaller car. The widest parts of both seats seem to meet up and they don't seem to puzzle at all.:( I have a suburban so I can fit any three seats you can think up in any arrangement across the 2nd row so it wouldn't be an issue for me.

So when Sofi outgrows her Cargo in 2 months, we're going to meet up and you'll trade me for the Maestro, right? ;) I think my CArgo has more time on it than yours (it's a 2008).

I NEED to find a clearance Maestro. That's the only way I can justify it. No luck at the 2 local targets :(

LOL. If you lived near me we would be in big trouble between the amount of seats that both of us seem to buy and sell. We'd be each others best customers.:p

lovemybabybug

Thanks for checking. Ideally I would need all 3 seats to RF can would put my fiend's kid FF if I really had to. She is 2, about 37 inches and around 35 lbs. She has been FF in her mom's car since she turned one. I would not ff my child though. I think the only way to make 3 seats rf in my car is if I had two RNs. I know they puzzle nicely with the MR, so I could put one RN on each side of the MR.

babyherder

I love my Maestro, too! I'll likely use it for more than one kiddo and I love that the straps are so easy to adjust and its straightforward to install, has eps foam, and doesn't seem too flimsy but its still light enough to carry in and out of my car often. I was at my Target a few weeks ago and I couldn't find a single Maestro, at any price!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC