Help with 3 seats in a Sienna

Chila88

My friend needs to get a SR22, a Graco High Back TB and either a Classic BV or RNXT (ff) in her 7 pass 2004 Sienna.

She was going to load the bucket through the hatch, but said she can't get it over the seat without putting the handle down....which she doesn't want to do every time (and I don't blame her!)

So she has the bucket in the 2nd row captains chair, and the TB and a ff BV in the 3rd row.

She's wanting to get the 3rd row seats on the 60% so she can still fold the 40 if she needs the cargo space. Anyone know if a tb and ff BV or RNXT would fit on the 60? Seatbelt? Latch? Will the TB still be easy to buckle?

Any other seat arrangements to suggest?

ADS

kater-tot82

Is there a reason why she couldn't put one of the third row kids into the other captain's chair? That would leave only one in the backseat so she could fold down the seat when she needed the cargo space.

Chila88

I think she is trying to keep it open so her mom could easily travel with them when needed. I imagine it is also harder to access the booster in the back (her DC can't buckle it up yet) when there is a convertible installed in the 2nd captains chair. And finally...both of her older kids really wanted to be beside one another, rather than in separate rows....which is why they initially tried the bucket in the back and leaving the older 2 in the captain's chairs.

Also, she has the 2 captain's pushed together and the bucket on the pushed in seat, which means she can load all 3 kids through one door....which she likes. Its just getting the 2 older ones in the back and still being able to fold the 3rd seat (or seat another adult there) that is causing the problems.

Mags462

The 3rd row drivers side outbaord on the bench install is tippy in my 05 Sienna. (Same body style as 04).... i don't know if this is my own seat, or if this is a common issue in the 04/05.... but i HATE putting a booster outboard there because it leans quite a bit compromising the belt fit (even in a TB!!) and you cannot put a booster in the middle of the bench because there isn't enough space between the belts. :( That seating position (drivers side outboard 3rd row) also doesn't have latch, so i personally find RF seats go best there.

I personally have 1 captains chair taken out, so my kids can climb in, and i can climb in right behind them - close the door and deal with coats, wet shoes, etc with plenty of space to move around. I have the 3rd row bench up with DS1 in a Monterey passenger outboard and DS3 RF drivers side outboard so the middle seat is open - with that Radian back there i can easily sit between the two. I have my one captains chair outboard drivers side in the second row and DS2 rides in this chair FF in a Nauti currently. When i need to add a grandparent i just pop in the extra captains chair - easy peasy. :D

emandbri

I think it would be easiest to put the older kids both outboard in the back row and move the turbo to the captain's chair when she needs the 40 down on the 40/60. It is very easy to flip it.

I have a monterey in the back outboard and it isn't tippy but the pro booster totally was!

For a while I did have a radian FF in the middle back row and a monterey on the outboard. It seems it would be hard to buckle but my son did fine. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure the monterey fit better outboard passenger side than it did on the driver's side so that still wouldn't fix her wanting to put down the 40 issue.

I have an 04.

Chila88

So since both of you guys have a Monteray.....I'm assuming its a good fit in the Sienna? Buckles are easily accessible etc?

I have a Sienna too, and although we're not at booster stage yet, we're getting close and the Monteray has always looked appealing to me!

Thanks for your help!

christineka

I'd put the baby and the oldest kid in the second row and the middle child in the third row. When an adult wants to sit in the second row- move the booster to the back and raise up the 3rd row. It may be possible to fit the turbo next to the britax seat on the 60 side, but it would be nearly impossible to buckle and the middle seat would have to be belted in.

Mags462

So since both of you guys have a Monteray.....I'm assuming its a good fit in the Sienna? Buckles are easily accessible etc?

I have a Sienna too, and although we're not at booster stage yet, we're getting close and the Monteray has always looked appealing to me!

Thanks for your help!

Every booster i have tried in my Sienna was a "good fit" in terms of belt accessibility.... the ProBooster was tippy in the 3rd row where i needed it, but it was fine in a captains chair. All other boosters i tried were great. I find the Sienna (04-10 model years) to be super car seat friendly.

And yes, we love our Monterey..... :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC