Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Features and Data Forums

Can we get the Graco Argos added to the combination forum? I went to look up some specs while on the phone with a parent, and it's not on there.
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Carseat Features and Data Forums

Mae I hope you don't mind a mini-hijack, but I was wondering the other day if somebody with a new Nautilus could submit info about the 100% of the base on the seat in harness mode no longer being required. A link to the new manual would be great too (Assuming Graco has made the change official in their manual)

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

5. Thank You from:

Mae

Hijack away! If anything needs to be updated/added, PLEASE mention it here!

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mae
    Can we get the Graco Argos added to the combination forum? I went to look up some specs while on the phone with a parent, and it's not on there.
    It would be helpful if you included a link to the page you say should be updated.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BookMama View Post
    It would be helpful if you included a link to the page you say should be updated.
    Dagnabbit, I had it! I guess I got sidetracked by the cinnamon rolls I discovered in my fridge ... LOL.

The Argos isn't listed at all in the forum, but it should go here: Combination Carseat Features

I added the page for the argos, though it has mostly <data missing> for the measurements. If someone has access to this seat, please fill me in on the measurements. If the seat is idential to the nautilus, let me know and I will copy the measurements from that seat.

I updated the nautilus manual link to a 2011 version they had on the website. The Nautilus Elite manual was still older so I didn't update that verison.

If anyone has any data on the newer seats just being released or changes that need to be made (I know expiration dates and some weight limit changes were recently made to some existing seats), please submit your information. You can submit your information via the submit forms, PM me, or just post them here on the thread.

An easy way to see what data I am missing on existing seats is to look at the spreadsheets. If there is a gray box in a field, it means I am missing data on that seat. Here is a link to those spreadsheets:

Infant carseats
    Convertible Carseats
    Combination/Youth Carseats
    Dedicated Booster Carseats

The main link to the measurements/data spreadsheets is here:
    http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/home

I know the excel and pdf files on that page need some updating. If I can get a good update on the data this week, I will go and regenerate the exel and pdf files.
    Katy

10. Thank You from: