Question Britax Marathon 70 in Allison - have you seen this? do you have it?

We are at the end of our decision-making process (I hope! I hope!) and are really interested in getting the Britax Marathon 70 with the Allison cover. My question is, what does the pink & polka dot fabric feel like?

We live in SW Florida and find that our baby sweats like crazy in our current Chicco Keyfit 30 in Cubes (plasticky feel). I am really hoping for a cottony or fluffy-velour feel, hoping that baby won't be nearly as sweaty in it.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.

edited to add: It will fit well and easily in my Honda Odyssey 2004, right?!? :)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12277311

ADS

msg221

I had this seat and the fabric is very soft and plush. I live in Phoenix, and it was never a problem with Nour or Katelyn getting overly sweaty.

I don't think you will have any problem fitting it in your Odyssey; it fit perfectly fine in my '03 Highlander:

Installed RF in my vehicle:

P1020569-1.jpg

Lots of room between the front seats and the MA:

P1020598.jpg

With Nour in it:

P1020556-1-1.jpg

cpsaddict

I also had this cover and it is super plush. I loved the feel of it, BUT I felt it showed a lot of dirt and stains. It washes up super nice, but the pink part on the bottom always looked dirty when she was a bigger rearfacer. Otherwise, I love the Alison for it's squishyness.

Cath3114

I have this cover. It's terrible to keep clean. Mine started to yellow on dirty spots even using stain release and washing. I thought it did ok in hot weather (I'm in New Orleans).

mcomommy

I don't have that cover but have had several Britax plus covers and even when we lived in TX we did not have a problem with them being too hot.

Chila88

I have this seat and while I love the feel of the plush cover, I'd have to agree with the other posters that the pink is very hard to keep clean as it shows everything!

If you are ok with needing to wash it pretty regularly (which is easy to do cuz you can remove the cover without uninstalling) then go for it! But if you're the type of person that doesn't love having to wash the cover frequently, then I'd go for something darker.

Cath3114

You can also buy an extra cover set. I bought an Onyx set on Swap. They also sometimes have them on sale on the BRU website.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC