Help me rearrange my seats!

kaleigh71

Here's what I have:

Recaro Probooster for DS
Graco Nautilus for DD1
True Fit Premier for DD2 - FF
Adding an Evenflo Serenade infant seat for DS2 coming...well, sometime in the next 8 or so weeks.

They will be in a 2005 Odyssey. I would prefer to have the infant seat in the 2nd row passenger seat moved to middle, and it might have to be due to the 1.5 inch rule and the handle down rule...I've never measured it in the 3rd row and not sure I would want it that far back anyway. As far as other preferences, I'd also rather have DS up front with the baby - I could totally see either DD wanting to mess with the baby. That would leave both the Nauti and TFP untethered in the 3rd row.

Suggestions?? TIA!

ADS

djma

Could you put one of your DD's in the middle in the back row? That way one of them would be tethered. (If I remember right, that's where our's was in our '05)

I don't know which of those seats would be better un-tethered. Hopefully someone will chime in.

kaleigh71

The TFP and Nauti don't play nice back there. The Nauti tests well untethered, but I've never heard anything about the TFP.

momtoo3

Is dd1 ready to booster train? If so I would put dd1 in a booster and dd2 in the GN since it tests well untethered. If not, could you get another GN or a Radian. Those are the 2 I hear (read) about doing well untethered.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The GN tests well untethered. However, I don't think I could, in good conscience, have two untethered seats in a vehicle with three TAs. :twocents:

Do you have a plus one? If so, you could put DS in a capt chair, babe in the center and then your FFers in the other capt chair and center rear.

Otherwise, I would either a) try to fit DS outboard and a FFer center in the third row, or put DS 3rd row driver, slide ther pass capt chair to center, and put the babe on pass side. I think that's the best balance you'll get for safety vs convenience.

Is LATCH offset in the 3rd row? If it is, you'd actually have more options.

kaleigh71

The GN tests well untethered. However, I don't think I could, in good conscience, have two untethered seats in a vehicle with three TAs. :twocents:

Do you have a plus one? If so, you could put DS in a capt chair, babe in the center and then your FFers in the other capt chair and center rear.

Otherwise, I would either a) try to fit DS outboard and a FFer center in the third row, or put DS 3rd row driver, slide ther pass capt chair to center, and put the babe on pass side. I think that's the best balance you'll get for safety vs convenience.

Is LATCH offset in the 3rd row? If it is, you'd actually have more options.

See, I'm having that "good conscience" issue as well. Love the van but the tether issue drives me nuts sometimes. It hasn't been an issue lately because I just have both girls in the captain's chairs. I haven't tried the Serenade with a seatbelt install in the plus one, maybe I could play with that. I don't think it has lockoffs :(. I'm going to try out some of your suggestions. I'm not comfortable with DD1 in a booster full time just yet, she tends to forget the rules especially when she is grumpy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC