A class!!!!....But a question?

ThreeBeans

I just submitted a request for approval...the class is controlled. Has anyone had any luck getting into one of these :confused:

If I can it would be perfect....It's spread out over a month starting in October...Mondays only. Much easier for me to arrange child care that way, and not have to worry about pumping for a whole darned week.

I hope I can get in.

ADS

Tracy

CPST Instructor
A 'controlled' class means that the lead instructor has to approve you before you can be officially registered for a class. This is not to exclude anyone, but rather to give the lead more control on how many get into the class... I know there is a maximum for the class, but recently, I taught at a class that was not controlled and we had a too many people the first day with some that had registered, but not paid yet being there (check in the mail) and those that had registered and paid immediately by credit card. By controlling the class, the lead can take care of these problems before the class starts instead of the first day (and having a delayed start).

Does that make sense?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You have to get approval from the lead instructor to register for the class because a controlled class isn't open to the public (probably meant more for fire/police or others who take the course for job-related reasons). I'm hoping to have my request approved to get into a controlled class in Sept. myself. Hope we all get approved to take the courses. :)

ThreeBeans

I got an email. I was so excited until I saw it was just a confirmation of my request to be enrolled :rolleyes:

No idea on the time table. Durn it, I want confirmation! I wanna take this class! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I did a controlled class in June. I was the only one of 25 who wasn't there for work.

I was in an UNcontrolled class, and was the only one who wasn't there for work (and the only 'non-professional' that any of the instructors had ever had, and they have at least 3-4 classes a year :eek:)

Melizerd

could I have the link again. A lot of mine disapeared. I'd LOVE a class like that. A monday calss especially because then I wouldn't need child care.

Melizerd

boo no classes like that near me right now. The nearest one is 45 min and it's a one week class.

I have to get lucky I guess to find one like yours. I'm DYING to take it. DH keeps telling me I really need to find a place to make money with my obsession (I'm sure I'm not the only one with a DH or DW that thinks that lol).

becca011906

Senior Community Member
hope you hear something soon and get in! I took a class that was 1 day a week for 4 weeks, it was so much easier that way!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC