When did Evenflo

BrookysMommy

last make white shells on there infant seats? I have a friend on facebook thats using one, with an aftermarket cover and headrest. I think its expired, but I want to make sure. Either way, Im sending her a message about the cover and headrest.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The OLDER On My Ways had a white shell. By the time they stopped making them, I believe the On My Ways all had navy shells.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I don't remember any embrace or discovery that did, so yeah, it is probably 2000 or 1990's.

christineka

I might do some research to find out if there is a safe kids' organization in the area that sells seats for a discount. Often people use ancient car seats because they don't have the money to buy new- or they are just too cheap to buy new. Speaking of, maybe a program discovery might have a white shell. I remember that the coalition I did checks with had a couple with covers that looked like my old on my way cover, but they had 5 point harnesses and doms of 2008 or 2007? Does the seat in question have a 3 point harness?

wildeyes

i had a discovery 3 pt for michayla when she was a baby. dom sometime in 2000 iirc. i used it for audrey when we went out to eat so she had a place to sit in restaurants so i didnt have to wear her and eat over her head. paperclip chestclip.

S7300610.jpg

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Cute baby :love:

Our donation seats *might* have a white shell. Either that or grey. So I'm no help.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had a Discovery in 1998 that had a white shell. It was a 3 pt harness with the paperclip chest clip.

I meant the newer ones. Sorry!

Does look like the Evenflo First Choice 5 was made until atleast last year, and it has white plastic.

turtlemama

I had a 3 point Discovery for DD in 2005 before I knew anything about car seats. It had a white shell and bright blue harness.

BrookysMommy

It has a five-point harness, with a paper clip style chest clip. The sticker on the handle is white with red lettering and a red arrow. It looks faded and torn

christineka

If it has a 5 point harness, it may just be a program seat. I think evenflo was making 3 point harnesses until 2008.

ETA- According to the pictorial, Evenflo started making 5 point harnesses for infant seats in 2007, so the seat should not be expired yet.

BrookysMommy

If it has a 5 point harness, it may just be a program seat. I think evenflo was making 3 point harnesses until 2008.

ETA- According to the pictorial, Evenflo started making 5 point harnesses for infant seats in 2007, so the seat should not be expired yet.

Yay!! Im so glad its not expired!! They just adopted her from their niece and I know they dont want anything to happen to her. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt expired along with the aftermarket products.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC