would you return seat to save $30?

jenfrogmom

So, I bought the RXT on Amazon for $277 right before Christmas, now they have them on diapers.com for $30 cheaper than Amazon. Amazon will not price match! So would YOU return and re order for the cheaper price? WWYD?

Last edited:
ADS

jenfrogmom

Wonder why they wont price match? Seems weird. I am not going to return it, I wouldn't have time for all that leasing around, plus I have used it 3 times.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Would Amazon even restock it? We know they sell their open box returns to auction (that's how places like NoBetterDeal work). So they wouldn't restock it probably, but they wouldn't necessarily eat all $277 either.

To answer your question... Eh. I don't know. What if the Diapers.com has an older DOM that negates the price difference?

noahsmom24

Personally, I wouldn't, I bet they are going to run you around to not have to restock it and to me that's not worth the $30! Then having to wait for the new seat on top of that and Tarynsmum brought up a good point as well about the DOM.

NannyMom

A month ago I bough a seat from diapers.com. I took it out but tags were all still on and never actually used it. I found the same seat for $20 or $30 less elsewhere a day or 2 later. I called diapers.com and they wouldn't price match, so I returned it.

I don't know if I'd do the same if it had been a month since I bought the seat. And I certainly wouldnt have done it if the seT had been used or tags taken off.

crunchierthanthou

Probably not. As far as DOM, I think they're all 08/2011 or newer- no matter where you get it. *IF* I did swap them to save $30, I'd buy the one from diapers.com, and send that one still in the sealed box back to amazon. :twocents:

littleangelfire

Probably not. As far as DOM, I think they're all 08/2011 or newer- no matter where you get it. *IF* I did swap them to save $30, I'd buy the one from diapers.com, and send that one still in the sealed box back to amazon. :twocents:

Would that work? I've heard that bar codes are store/seller specific. Could just be a rumor, though.

As others said, if it was unopened/unused I'd send it back IF I wouldn't be charged a return shipping fee and restocking fee.

Lenae

I do all of my shopping online, and this is something I've come across quite a bit. My thoughts are, if you bought it for the $30 more, then you obviously thought that was a reasonable price to pay. It's on you if you didn't find a better deal, not the store you bought it from. If you found it for $75-$100 then I would consider calling for a price match or returning, but the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

skitle1802

Would that work? I've heard that bar codes are store/seller specific. Could just be a rumor, though.

As others said, if it was unopened/unused I'd send it back IF I wouldn't be charged a return shipping fee and restocking fee.

Amazon owns Diapers.com so I doubt that would be an issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC