Kiddy world plus

tl01

The search feature isn't working for me right now... Can someone refresh me on how this seat performs forward facing. For lots of kids here we rear face a long time so it would mostly be a booster until/if they raise the shield limit right?

ADS

Pixels

The manufacturer claims that forward facing in their shield seat (over 1 and 20) is just as safe as rear facing. I have a really hard time believing that, especially since we know that RFing provides a lot of benefit in side impact crashes and I can't see how the shield would be an improvement for side impacts. I don't have any hard evidence, that's just my gut feeling.

The weight limit on the shield is 40 pounds, so if you rear face your child to close to that weight, there will be very limited use for the shield.

skylinphoto

This seat will be very useful for people with small kiddos. My dd (who will be 4 in march) is only 25-26lbs. She is rfing but I plan on turning her when she turns 4 and I get the kiddy seat. :)
She could use the shield for a LONG time.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

ZephyrBlue

My 8yo (well, she'll be 9 in a couple weeks) just went over 40lbs in the past 6mos. She could have used the shield for a longgg time.

christineka

My 7 year old is almost 40 pounds. She could have used the shield. My ds2 is nearly 5 and has decided he wants to forward face. He's 36 pounds and I would feel much more comfortable about him ffing in the shield seat. (He is actually really good in the bodyguard booster, but it's difficult to buckle and will expire soon.)

Lenae

People turn their kids at 1 and 20 still. A LOT of people do. And for those who follow the AAP recommendations, 2 years old is still average 30 lbs. So for those who aren't going to ERF, if the shield really does perform as well as Kiddy claims, then I think it's great option. Yes, for those of us here at c-s.o, the 40lb max may not be wondeful, but it may be SUPER for the rest of the population.

Syllieann

On their FB page, someone asked about erf vs ff in the booster w/ shield and they said erf would be better. Can anyone explain how this attaches to the latch? I'm having a lot of trouble picturing how the kid gets into and out of the shield portion. Is it hinged somewhere?

skylinphoto

Syllieann said:
On their FB page, someone asked about erf vs ff in the booster w/ shield and they said erf would be better. Can anyone explain how this attaches to the latch? I'm having a lot of trouble picturing how the kid gets into and out of the shield portion. Is it hinged somewhere?

On the latch belt there are latch connectors...and there is a button like on vehicle seatbelts.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Syllieann

I see. I wonder how they will work that out if they go above 40#-maybe an attachment that goes onto the sb, otherwise it seems like it'd be pretty inconvenient to route the sb through the shield each time.

cookie123

The seat brings to mind that Bobby Mac I had back in the day. Truly, I can't imagine a kid being happy in the KWP. I'll be interested to see how people like it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC