My trip to target! Compared the Chart 65 air to the Myride 65, +pics of new cosco seat

lovemybabies924

I saw the new "chart 65 air" so i thought i would check it out...personally i would not choose it over the myride. it looks wider, the head wing adjustment is a pain, and it looks like it will force the childs head forward especially in the upper positions. you have to re-thread the harness, and adjust the head wings from the back from what i could tell playing with it..

dual lines for RF tho:

it is lower than the myride tho:

headrest in most high position.
as u can see it leaves slits in the fabric and you can see thru the seat lol

new cosco seat..i forgot the name of it and didnt take it down to see if it had dual RF lines..anyone know?? i like it and will probably grab one as a seat for my moms car

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Chart 65 looks like the Complete Air and the onSide Air had a baby. What child will get to 65 pounds in that?

Wendy

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think the Chart Air is one of the ones based on the Avenue shell... so it wouldn't get a child to 65#, but it will probably last longer RF and FF than the Scenera.

SeattleRain

Oooooh I like the Apt! I hope my Target has one so I can check it out! Does it RF to 40lbs or just 35lbs? What a great budget seat!

lovemybabies924

SeattleRain said:
Oooooh I like the Apt! I hope my Target has one so I can check it out! Does it RF to 40lbs or just 35lbs? What a great budget seat!

It's called the apt 40rf I'm pretty sure!

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

PunkyMonkey

I just searched for this thread because I was at Target last night and was SURE I couldn't be the first one on here to see the new Cosco seat! It looked awesome, put my DD in it and she sat there talking to me for 15 minutes while I messed with it! Much wider than sceneras, love the attached cup holders and a lot more comfortable feeling! It was priced at $54.99 at our target which is more than Scenera but definitely looked worth the price! If I buy another seat DH will kill me but I soo wanted to get one! :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just remembered I saw the chart 65 the other day, and of course c-s.o was the first google hit that came up with the right thing :D
If you're going to call a big brown seat 'Shitake', couldn't/shouldn't you spell it correctly? Shiitake. Yikes, Dorel :p
It looked just like the Aquos 65 at BRU, but with the headwings. Can't imagine it being a big seller, honestly. Except for the folks who think 'it's bulky and thick, it must be safer!'

VoodooChile

Ds has sat in every seat except the infant carriers in our Target, so he immediately notices new ones--he pointed out the Chart Air and Apt right away a few weeks ago: "Want to try it!" He was being uncooperative and I knew I'd never get him back in the cart afterwards though.

Syllieann

I think the Chart Air is one of the ones based on the Avenue shell... so it wouldn't get a child to 65#, but it will probably last longer RF and FF than the Scenera.
I think so. I was playing w/ it on my last trip to Target. I had a tape measure but I couldn't get the stupid infant insert out so I couldn't get a very good measurement but definitely taller than scenera or apt.

Out of curiosity, what is the price point on the chart air?

It was about 130

thepote

joolsplus3 said:
I just remembered I saw the chart 65 the other day, and of course c-s.o was the first google hit that came up with the right thing :D
If you're going to call a big brown seat 'Shitake', couldn't/shouldn't you spell it correctly? Shiitake. Yikes, Dorel :p
It looked just like the Aquos 65 at BRU, but with the headwings. Can't imagine it being a big seller, honestly. Except for the folks who think 'it's bulky and thick, it must be safer!'

I didn't see that it had a color name... they seriously.spelled it "shitake" ?!?! :eek:

That takes the cake :rolleyes:

lovemybabybug

The Chart air is very wide and it has an insane amount of leg room. Dd sat in it, and her legs were intirely contained within the seat. I think of it were installed her feet wouldnt touch the seat back. It didn't push her head forward, wish I had taken pictures.

T4K

VoodooChile said:
Ds has sat in every seat except the infant carriers in our Target, so he immediately notices new ones--he pointed out the Chart Air and Apt right away a few weeks ago: "Want to try it!" He was being uncooperative and I knew I'd never get him back in the cart afterwards though.

Spoken from true cso spawn. :love:

thepote

lovemybabybug said:
The Chart air is very wide and it has an insane amount of leg room. Dd sat in it, and her legs were intirely contained within the seat. I think of it were installed her feet wouldnt touch the seat back. It didn't push her head forward, wish I had taken pictures.

That's what got me about it... the seat looks so deep

lovemybabies924

that alone might make it worth buying to use RF only for leggy kids!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC