Thoughts on seat arrangement?

Shaunam

So Charlie's nurse just told me she's very concerned with how her son is being treated at his current babysitter's. I offered to watch him and after discussing it for a bit, it looks like something we might actually try. My only concern is the car seat arrangement. Little man is just over a year old (15 months...maybe 16?), so he obviously needs to be rear-facing. If he were even just barely two, I'd be ok with just putting him in Charlie's traveller, but that's not gonna happen.

Her traveller is a PAIN to take in and out of the car. I about kill myself every time I try to install it. I drive a kia rio and there's no way I can squeeze a car seat in between her seat and adrian's turbo.

So my options are (unless anyone can think of anything else):

1) Take the traveller out and put the rf'ing seat in anytime I need to drive him and DS somewhere.

2) Put DS up front in the booster, with the seat all the way back, and the rf'ing seat behind my seat.

3) ???? Maybe a radian and a bubblebum will squeeze next to the traveller? That would cost a lot more upfront than a $40 scenera though. I don't love the idea of spending a bunch of money upfront in case this arrangement doesn't work.

4) Simply just don't drive them anywhere unless absolutely necessary and then choose option #1. For appointments and such, if the other nurse is working, we could use her van and I could give her gas money. (Nurse #1 only works fri, sat, sun and nurse #2 works mon-thurs but nurse #1 has school mon-thur so I'd be watching him then too). We have a few places within walking distance...library, dollar general, goodwill, a couple of restaurants.

Thoughts?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I'd say start off with option 4 and give it a few weeks before you make a decision. Is booster in the center an option? How much does the TP overlap the center seating position?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Do you have a TA for that center position? Is he short enough without a booster to get away with no head restraint? (I'm assuming there is no HR.) I'm thinking RSTV might work and leave enough room for an inexpensive convertible. And I personally have enough faith in factory-installed TAs to use a RSTV for a child of his weight with a lapbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC