Argos Elite for $186.99??

aym4Him

Should I go for it? Free shipping. The regular Argos 70 would be $169.99 with the sale price.

Trying to decide between it, a GN Beckett (if I can snag one from Target when it goes on sale this weekend for $125), or the SK 300/400. :confused:

Not in a big rush. This is DS's 2nd seat until he's FF full-time. He's currently RF in a MA-CS (click safe- hate that feature).

I'm going for longevity here. He's 3.1 yrs old, 27.5 lbs and 36" tall.

It's not much less than a Frontier85 but that could be too big of a seat for him.I would add a Radian in the mix but I don't know a lot about them. I need a relatively easy to install seat as it could be moved around (though very infrequently) for use in my in-law's vehicles.

I promise, this is my last post on this subject- I realize I have probably been driving ppl crazy with my inability to choose a seat. :eek::eek::eek:

ADS

aym4Him

Any opinions?

I don't know how long Albeebaby.com has their coupon codes for. Should I grab it or wait? :confused:

ETA: Mods, if this needs to be moved to Carseat Swap, please do so. I wasn't sure where to post it :)

kam1011

For me, I don't see a big enough difference between the Argos and the nautilus to make the extra money worth it, so I would choose the nautilus. I have three of them and love it!

Lenae

Personally, I'd wait for the $125 GN, but if you want the Argos, spring for the Argos. It's all up to you.

Sorry, not really helpful.

aym4Him

well is a lock off important to you? it is to me in my 3rd row so if i had to choose it would be the argos elite ;)

I have no idea what lock offs are :confused:. This is my first go-round with car seats :)

I'm a noob.

We drive a '10 Toyota Sienna and he is currently in the center of the 2nd row (LATCHed in a MA). Seat will be in a '12 Passat until he is FF full-time.

Thanks so much, y'all!

Syllieann

Do it! I like the fact that the headrest can dial in on the elite. IMO (not supported by any documented facts) it is safer to have the wings close fitting and will reduce headslump. Plus, I'm hoping you'll update w/ pics in the passat because I'll need something for ds in my mom's passat in about a year :p

Syllieann

I have no idea what lock offs are :confused:. This is my first go-round with car seats :)

The basically replace the locking clip, making a seatbelt installation a little quicker/easier for some people. I like them since most cars don't allow latch past 40 or 48 lbs.

msg221

The no re-thread harness would be a big feature for me on the Argos vs. the Nautilus since I would have two different kids that would be using it. I just wish they had a girly cover on that Argos Elite.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I wouldn't spend extra money on an Argos since it is being used by one child. I love my Nautilus and have had no head slump issues with it at all.

bookgirl

I was looking at carseats at my local Babies R U last night. They had the Nautilus Julia (gray & pink) on sale for $119 and Nautilus Gabe (I think that's what the sign said - it was gray) for $111 through 1/22.

I really liked the girly Argos (Eliza) & I'm not usually a fan of girly car seats. Darker pink & black seems like it will look good longer than light pink.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC