Question More RF legroom in TF or MR?

ZephyrBlue

DD is 2y4m, 24lbs and is my first out of 4 kids who is uncomfortable with her legs bent RF. She's currently in a MyRide. Does the TF offer more legroom, do ya think?

ADS

love-pink

My dd2 is very leggy, in my experience the MR offers more room. Not like a foot or anything but maybe an inch or two. She had even less room in the TPF because of the rebound bar ;)

ZephyrBlue

Ugh. I was hoping that because of the wider seat part of the TF that it would offer more bent-leg room. Crap.

love-pink

What about a RN? I think that offers the most leg room and the option to comfortably hang them off the sides.

ZephyrBlue

Yeah, I've had several and gotten rid of all of them. I am just not a big fan of the design (or the issues SK had over the years with shady answers to big issues. Ugh)

honeydew

I've found the Complete Air has more legroom than any other RF convertible I've owned. Even the Radian. Or you could try an Evenflo Symphony. I'm basing this on my experience with the 2 1/2 year old I care for. She's in a CA in my car and Symphonies with her parents. In both seats, her legs bend slightly and barely touch the seat back.

ZephyrBlue

Well, I may have to look at the CA if it will keep her RF longer...FF in a non-Dorel seat isn't safer than RF in a CA. Sigh.

ctbcleveland

I wonder though if the TF would still be better than the MR because it sits lower to the ground. I am thinking about ditching my MR because it keeps getting over-reclined and DS is up so high, he is perfectly positioned to kick his FF older brother in the face.

mkmama

I'm the opposite...my kids seem to have more room in the TF for legs than in the MR. Of course, I have the original TF, the C630, not sure if newer models have lost some leg room. My 3 year old definitely preferred the TF to the MR, until he outgrew the TF by weight RF. He prefers to criss-cross applesauce his legs though, that might make a difference.

Mags462

Yep - my kiddos (i tried two - DS1 and DS2) both had more room in the TF (regular) than in the MR. In fact my kids hated the MR :eek: According to the database they both have a 12in seat depth so it probably depends on the car, install, and build of the child. :) Maybe go to BRU and install a lamaze to see if she likes it better.

Hope you find a solution soon.

jheimes

I have found that the amount of RF leg room on TF carseats depends on the install angle. Same goes for the Radian, but you see less variance on the Radian because of the RF base and no pool noodle rule.
My 3.5 yr has more space in the Radian than the TF and way more in the TF than the older Britax Marathon seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC