Question Quick help.

ADS

Mae

What version of the CA is it?

I'd probably go with that, personally. I'm not a MR fan. :eek: :whistling:

Mae

The CA has a no-rethread harness, and its top harness height is about .5" taller than the MR.

Mae

Sorry, I should have clarified a bit more. :)

Some CA's go to 50lbs FF, some go to 65lbs.

Mae

Hm. Well, here's the basic comparison.

CA: 17" top slots. No rethread harness. 8yr expiration.
MR: 16.5" top slots. 6yr expiration.

Both are pretty easy to install, IME. The CA is normally about $180+, the MR $140+ (both rough, based on patterns, etc).

Baylor

17 months old. Maybe 20 lbs. not sure of height but he is a hair over the lowest setting in GN.

auto correct hates me

Brianna

Complete air if and only if the child's parents are ok installing more upright than the line-unless your vehicle allows it to recline that far of course.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
ca will probably last you longer for various borrowed kids :) on account of longer expiration

momtoo3

I had a CA and have a MR. I like the CA better. It has more legroom RF and installs more upright FF. The new CA's come with a dual level line for RF. I got rid of mine because of the recline rule and I was uncomfortable going against it. Then the new ones came out. I would be totally comfortable using the one I had more upright now that they have released the dual level line ones and wish I had not got rid of it. The CA is taller and I loved the head rest pillows. It did require a rolled towel RF but it was an easy install for me in the middle seat of my 2nd row. Easier than the MR. The MR is a nice seat though too.

Baylor

Well I left with out any seats. I was just not sure what would be best and I remembered that recline discussion after it was brought up here.

Gonna hit TRU tomorrow.

Btw. The guy who cam over to see if he could help told me to only rear face until the child's feet hit the back of the seat and then it was no longer safe.
Don't worry set him straight. ;).

Why don't they have more people at bru educated in car safety.
How many other patents did this guy tell that to.

auto correct hates me

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Dude, I need to go to your BRU. PM me with which one!

I liked my CA FFing, but hated it RFing. I'm not a huge MR fan either, but I love Graco and their customer service, so I'd go that route. It RFs to 40lbs and will last the average child to RF until at least three.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC