Question Tether Point for RF Radian & Marathon 70 in Mazda 5 3rd row?

U

Unregistered

We have three RF in our Mazda 5 two in Radians XTSLs and one in a Marathon 70. With the new angle adjuster we're finally able to put one of our Radian XTSLs RF in the 3rd row. It's braced on one of the 2nd row seats. Should we still tether it and if so can we use the tether point on one of the 2nd row captain's chairs since the other Radian XTSL in it is also RF and tethered on one of the 1st row seats? I wasn't sure if the tether is really needed since it's already braced on the 2nd row seat. The Marathon 70 is also very slightly braced on one of the 2nd row seats. Should we tether it and if so where?

Also, anyone have issues with the Super Latch on the Radians in their Mazda 5? Both of ours came loose RF and I called Diono and got a replacement. Based on their instructions I just cut out the old strap and can attach the new one with a plastic pull tie to the back of the seat if I wish. Does this mean I could just cut that connector strap off and keep the Super Latch strap? I'm assuming that connector strap serves no safety purpose. It's been a pain sometimes when I've tried to tighten the Latch and if I could just get rid of it, I think it would make for an easier install.

Many thanks!

ADS

amyd

It's entirely up to you whether you want to tether or not. I probably would in that situation. I would use the designated tether anchors. I have not had SL issues in my 5. I had a 2010 DOM XTSL RFing with LATCH for about 6 months. I checked it often but no loosening whatsoever.

You are correct about the attachment strap. It's there to insure that the LATCH strap isn't misplaced.
Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your quick reply. It's good to know I can use the tether anchors on the 2nd row captain's chairs. I'll tether my 3rd row seats this weekend.

And thanks for letting me know about the Latch connector strap. I'll probably go ahead and just cut those off.

Many thanks!

U

Unregistered

I am stuck between a Britax and a Diono. Any advice if you are using one of each?

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC