Possibly dangerous to sit next to Diono RN belt guide?

Keeanh

I sat beside my FF RN and the thought occurred to me that the metal belt guide on the new 100 & 120 RNs would be right beside my head. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Are the guides positioned so that someone in a seatbelt could hit their head on them, or not? My image of a side-impact sitting beside one of those was a little disturbing. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I don't have a RN with a belt guide. Mine's a SKJP Radian. I was just trying to picture where the belt guide would be on a new one in relation to my head. That's why I was asking here.

IDK, I've not seen one as of yet.

jenfrogmom

Aw, Come on! I have to trek back outside in the blizzard to check this out?! LOL!!
Do you mean this?
IMG_4596.jpg

Last edited:

mommy2girls

You mean the red belt guides for booster mode, right? If do, no need to worry. They fold to be flush against the seat when not in use. I'll take a pic in the am.

Now if you have them folded out to use as a booster, that may be another story. We will never use our R120 as a booster. Caitlin won't get to 50 lbs anytime in the near future. I don't see it working for us.

Keeanh

You mean the red belt guides for booster mode, right? If do, no need to worry. They fold to be flush against the seat when not in use. I'll take a pic in the am.

Now if you have them folded out to use as a booster, that may be another story. We will never use our R120 as a booster. Caitlin won't get to 50 lbs anytime in the near future. I don't see it working for us.

Yes, that's what I meant. All the stock pics show metal sticking out right about where I picture an adult's head could smack against it in a side impact. I'd like to see a pic of them folded. They were a big reason I grabbed a sale SKJP Radian rather than wait for the smooth adjuster of the Diono seats. I really didn't like the idea of metal hooks sticking out the side of my car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC