Overwhelmed

A

Adebac

I am hoping you very knowledgable ladies can help me. I have a 9.5 month old that is 24 lbs and 30.5 inches and I am so overwhelmed with which car seat to get. We have an Evenflo Symphony but need a second seat that will be our main seat. I would really prefer not to spend $300-400. I can wait until something goes on sale or comes in stock. Please help!

ADS

canadiangie

Hi and welcome :)

Right now seats are still a little hit and miss with the new standards.

Canada is still waiting for the TrueFit and MyRide to re-surface, but we've also seen a few new seats hit the shelves such as the Guide 65...

I'm curious why you're making the Symphony your secondary seat?

Also, what do you drive?

A

Adebac

We bought the Symphony on a whim (kind of). Several months back, we went into BRU for the MyRide which was sold out. The sales lady convinced us to buy the Symphony since she said it was better and it was on sale. I like it but I figured there might be something better out there especially given the height of my little one.

We have a Pathfinder and an Equinox and the new seat will be for the latter.

So you think I should wait? Which seat should I wait for?

TIA!

featherhead

As the Symphony only rear-faces to 30 lbs, and your child is already 24 lbs at 9 months, I would definitely be looking at something different. I would maybe try out the Guide65, and see how tall it is (I haven't seen it personally so I don't really know). It rear-faces to 40 lbs, and is a great price. Other than that there is the Complete Air, Scenera, and Onside Air. Or you can wait for the MyRide65 to be back.

A

Adebac

I do have a Sears near me. I can pop in this week but it wasn't listed online. Do they have different stock in store? I did see the My Ride on BRUs website for $199.99. Is that a good price?

So the My Ride is the one that is recommended?

Thanks ladies for helping me out. I really appreciate it :)

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Adebac said:
I do have a Sears near me. I can pop in this week but it wasn't listed online. Do they have different stock in store? I did see the My Ride on BRUs website for $199.99. Is that a good price?

Hmmm....I don't see the MyRide on the BRU website in Canada. I'm wondering if you were looking at the U.S. site.

KristineML

Sears often has some different stock in store than what is online. I personally have seen the MyRide at Sears in Burlington, ON.

mam521

The My Ride is a lovely seat. I love mine. Its cushy and typically fits little ones quite well and its not a massive budget buster. It RF's to 40lbs, FF's to 65. :)

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Adebac said:
Nope, I was looking at the Canadian site :) Here's the link:
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12066607

I'm actually from Burlington so I will pop into Sears and check it out.

Thank you so much ladies! Your input has been a life saver!

My apologies! I have been looking daily for it to show up online. But I have been looking in the infant/child seats category. They incorrectly put it in the infant/child/booster category.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC