Question Does the New Diono Radian RXT fits a Mazda 3 sedan, model 2007?

Cucú

Hi,
I am aboveor to buy a convertible car seat.. It would like to get a Radian Diono, but I am not able to go to any store to try on, so I need to ask if some of you has this car seat in the same kind of car that I have..

My baby is 20months, so I wanto to use it in rear facing mode, so, please, if any of you have this car seat in a Mazda 3 seddan, let me know your comments regarding the fit and the installation.. If any has any photo, it will be great!

Thanks a lot!:thanx!:

ADS

skylinphoto

I have an 08 mazda 3 sedan.

The radian is a difficult seat rfing in this car.
I can only get a good install behind the drivers seat (you can brace it on the drivers seat..not the passengers tho).

BUT, diono has angle adjusters that will make this seat work very well in this car. :)

(I know ffing is far off for you, but the radian fits like a glove ffing in this car.)

ETA: if you want photos, I can take some tonight. Just let me know.

KaiLing

I'm comfortable calling the Radian incompatible RF behind the passenger seat in my 2005 Mazda 3 for an older kid without the angle adjuster. With the angle adjuster it could be compatible, but I still can't get enough room in the front seat for a taller passenger (I'm 5'8" or so). I've never had luck in the middle at all, but haven't tried with the angle adjuster. As PP said, I do fine bracing it on the driver's seat without the angle adjuster and with the angle adjuster I think it would accommodate a taller driver than me as well.

What is it that you like about the Radian? If you give us your baby's height and weight and some of the things you're looking for perhaps we could brainstorm some alternatives?

ETA: I just read your other thread. Frankly, for a child of normal size / weight, and if you're OK with it not being the last seat you buy, I would not buy a Radian for the Mazda 3 even with the angle adjuster unless you only have very short adults that ride in the front seat or two non-tall drivers that drive at the same position. If it were me, I'd probably get a MyRide for now, knowing that it's significantly cheaper than a Britax, my kid liked it, and it will be outgrown at the same height as a Britax. The other option might be a TrueFit, though I've never seen it in this car. It has a tall shell but only rear faces to 35 lbs. Britaxes have fit fine in this car for me.

Now, take my advice with a grain of salt: we are very big and tall people (mom: 5'8"+, dad: 6'9", baby at 24 months was 36 lbs and tall) in a small car. The recline on the Radian in the Mazda is way harder to deal with with a heavier child: he squishes down the seat much more in this car than he does in the other cars I've had it in, with and without the angle adjuster, and the fact that you can't touch the passenger seat is much more of a deal breaker with a larger RF kid than it was with an infant (who does not climb in and bounce and push his feet against the seat). But if I had a Mazda 3 and I didn't need a Radian to get my kid RF past 2, I wouldn't have one. I used the MyRide up to its limit to avoid it (again, this is pre-angle adjuster).

Last edited:

Cucú

I have an 08 mazda 3 sedan.

The radian is a difficult seat rfing in this car.
I can only get a good install behind the drivers seat (you can brace it on the drivers seat..not the passengers tho).

BUT, diono has angle adjusters that will make this seat work very well in this car. :)

(I know ffing is far off for you, but the radian fits like a glove ffing in this car.)

ETA: if you want photos, I can take some tonight. Just let me know.

Thankssss!! If you can send me a photo, it would be so great!!

KaiLing

Here's two photos on the passenger side pre-angle adjuster. I haven't tried it with the angle adjuster, so maybe someone else can get you those photos. This was about round four of trying to get it as upright as possible (I have some photos of it waaaay more reclined, too). This is a LATCH installation. The seat sinks somewhat with a kid in it (I had a 35+ lbs kid in it, so it sunk quite a bit, but remained somewhere around 42-45 degrees). The problem for me was that the front seat was entirely unusable and I was worried about over reclining, plus a 45 degree angle with a 2 year old was not ideal anyway.

IMG_6438.jpg
IMG_6437.jpg

skylinphoto

Here is the radian rfing behind the drivers seat (braced, no angle adjuster) with my small 3.5 yr old in it. :)

Don't mind my filthy car.

IMG_20120112_175521.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Cucú

Seriously...

I am so happy to find to many parents who want to help another parents!!.. You are the best!!.. I am completed sure that I want to be a helping hand for those who can need it... I hope to be helpful someday..
As soon as I get my new Convertible, I will be send my comments, reviews and any info that can help to some parent like us!!
:yeahthatlove:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC