Eddie Bauer 3in1

dd9736

DH just left back for work, leaving me to play with my new toy, and I don't like it, I tried to put DS in it at 70cm, and 16lbs, he should fit it easily, especially as he already outgrew his infant seat by height.
I started the straps at the 2nd from the bottom level, put him in, waaay to high, so I moved them to the lowest setting, and put him back in, they're still above his shoulders, only by a little, but this is in a cloth diaper, more bulky than we normally go out in, so he'll be well below in a disposable.
There is no way a newborn could fit this seat as I'm looking at it, is there some trick i don't know about. Mind you, I'm going to try it in the truck, and tomorrow show DH how poorly Seth fits in the seat, and he may just return it without much fight.

ADS

cdncasper

The majority of newborns will not fit in the 3in1 and even than some 3-6mth olds won't fit either cause the bottom slots are around the 10 inch mark. Hope you can return it and get what you want.

dd9736

that bites! What about a Radian or something? Would that fit a tiny baby?

I wanted the Radian, but DH kinda went behind my back saying we could return it if it wasn't good. (I think I'll be able to prove fairly easily that it's no good. I know the Radian has more than 3out of 10 reviews being positive. I would never have bought this seat if it was up to me.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
How old is your DS?

The Radian is a great seat but can sometimes be very difficult to install. If you let us know what vehicle (make, modle, year) we might be able to tell you how it installs in that make and model.

dd9736

DS is 8 months old.
we have a 2006 Ford F-350 superduty super crew cab (long box) I swear that truck is a mile long. There is no latch, because it's considered a heavy duty truck.

DH did bring the Eddiebauer seat back this morning, and as he'd slept on the idea, I don't think he's to mad about not getting to keep the one he picked.

Misty-Bug

I would take it to the dealer when he is ready to be forward facing, which I *think* is 30lbs with the radian. They should install it for free. My mom has a heavy duty truck but she has one in hers and she has no kids and she doesn't even transport any! She uses it for the dog! I would call your local dealership

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
LATCH can NOT be retrofitted... however, you should have an upper tether anchor in the truck for forward facing use. You would install with the seatbelt and attach the upper tether... that is quite aways in the future though.

I'm not positive how the Radian installs in your truck with the seatbelt... my parents have an F150 SuperCrew Cab and it was pretty tricky to get in forward facing in their vehicle.

It is really easy to get in rearfacing, so you won't have any issues with that for awhile. The Radian goes to 30lbs rearfacing, which should take you up to approximately age 3.

Misty-Bug

LATCH can NOT be retrofitted... however, you should have an upper tether anchor in the truck for forward facing use. You would install with the seatbelt and attach the upper tether... that is quite aways in the future though.

I'm not positive how the Radian installs in your truck with the seatbelt... my parents have an F150 SuperCrew Cab and it was pretty tricky to get in forward facing in their vehicle.

It is really easy to get in rearfacing, so you won't have any issues with that for awhile. The Radian goes to 30lbs rearfacing, which should take you up to approximately age 3.

sorry when I read latch I was thinking for the tether FFing. oops. Then I reread it. Sorry.

Misty-Bug

sorry when I read latch I was thinking for the tether FFing. oops. Then I reread it. Sorry.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor

There always has to be an exception to the rule to drive us nuts, hey.. LATCH actually can be retrofitted on certain years of VW and Audi cars :) I took my training in a VW/Audi class.

-N.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
There always has to be an exception to the rule to drive us nuts, hey.. LATCH actually can be retrofitted on certain years of VW and Audi cars :) I took my training in a VW/Audi class.

-N.

Yes... I know about these vehicles. ;) I was referring specifically to the F350 in this post, which can not be retrofitted. :)

dd9736

I would take it to the dealer when he is ready to be forward facing, which I *think* is 30lbs with the radian. They should install it for free. My mom has a heavy duty truck but she has one in hers and she has no kids and she doesn't even transport any! She uses it for the dog! I would call your local dealership

There are 2 tether anchors hidden behind the back seats, PITB to get at, but when we turn him ffing (not for quite awhile) we should have a different vehicle for family driving anyway

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

It rear faces to 33 lbs. DBK is 30 lbs and will be 3 in October.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It rear faces to 33 lbs. DBK is 30 lbs and will be 3 in October.

No it doesn't... All new Canadian seats only rear face to 30lbs. Your manual should state 30lbs... most websites list it incorrectly at 33lbs.

Edited to add: I see your in the USA... it does RF to 33lbs in the USA. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC