Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Warning - Chevy Trailblazer Issues

Just wanted to post this in case the info would help someone.

In August, DH replaced the battery in my trailblazer. Immediately afterward, it started having all kinds of issues. The HVAC wouldn't blow, it constantly stalled, the RPMs would flux, and it just overall ran very poorly!

I got into an accident because my car stalled out in an intersection.

For future reference to trailblazer owners, you have to keep power on the battery to be able to change it out. Basically GM has to do it for you.

IMO, this should be a recall as it is a safety issue. Unfortunately it has not been recalled nor do they intend to recall it.

I tried to get them to cover the electrical damage. They kept my vehicle for 2 months, then declined. I paid $1500 just in electrical and HVAC damages.

They do not post a warning anywhere about keeping the battery powered while changing it!

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Warning - Chevy Trailblazer Issues

That stinks! I'm sorry Like I used to say to my Malibu all the time.. Frickin chevy!