RA55 vs. MA70 top slots?

todzwife

I'm curious how much growing room a child has in a MA vs. a RA. I stupidly sold my MA70 and DD freakin' HATES the Radian and I can't install the coccoro properly so I don't have any options except to 1. wait it out and see if she gets over it in the Radian or 2. Buy a different seat for the time being.

I sold some stuff so I can easily afford the Roundabout (especially if I can find a good deal on one, I can get a pink one from Amazon for about $150)

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can measure the MA70 if someone else can measure the RA55. I think the MA70 goes higher because of the headrest.

SeattleRain

I think the top slots are 1 inch higher in the MA than in the RA. Is there a particular reason why these are the only seats your thinking of? If you sold your CCO you could probably buy a MyRide or one of the less expensive seats out there.

SeattleRain

So then sell the Radian and buy a My Ride. If your kid hates the seat, why are you holding onto it? And why is a new Britax seat the only option? I don't know that I'd get a Roundabout for a 2 year old to RF in. Not that a 2 year old can't RF in it, but it isn't worth the money in my opinion.

todzwife

So then sell the Radian and buy a My Ride. If your kid hates the seat, why are you holding onto it? And why is a new Britax seat the only option? I don't know that I'd get a Roundabout for a 2 year old to RF in. Not that a 2 year old can't RF in it, but it isn't worth the money in my opinion.

It's not that simple though. Our local craigslist is a joke. No one wants to spend over $30 on a used car seat. And Radians are SO heavy to ship, I'm not sure it would be worth it to bother. :eek:

The fact that she hates the seat isn't the biggest deal...it's the fact that she's figured out how to move the chest clip down and gets her arms out of the harness that has me concerned.:thumbsdown:

She's small but has a pretty long torso (13")

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Radians are heavy, but they fold flat. I was able to ship one to Ohio, UPS, for under $50 (and that included buying the box and having them pack it in bubble wrap and packing peanuts. LOL.)

Cryssy Jane

todzwife said:
Subaru WRX hatchback. ;)

What year? I've rocked multiple installs of various seats besides Britax in all of the subies I've worked in. I put a radian rf in a 2010 last night. It was a bit of a squeeze but fit great with the angle adjuster. The newer models have way more front to back room than my 06.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

todzwife

It's an 05.

I'm not married to Britax, not by any means. I just need something that sits up fairly high so she can see out the window and something plush and comfy.

I honestly wouldn't care if it was just her being a stinker in the car, but I'm worried about her safety, since she's RFing I can't see that she's gotten out unless one of my older kids says something and by then, I'm not always somewhere that I can pull off safely to fix her. I've tried tightening them as much as I can (without it hurting her, obviously) and she can STILL get out!:eek:

Cryssy Jane

It may take me a couple of days but I'll call a few friends who have bugeye (02-05) wagons and play carseats in their backseat. How tall is your dh and where abouts does he have his seat?

todzwife

He's 5'11". If he goes anywhere with the rear-facer, it's ALL of us, which means not only do I need it to be small front to back but narrow as well.

Thankfully, we don't take it often, especially now that we have a minivan:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC