Angle Adjuster Longevity

jenfrogmom

After owning mine for like 3 weeks, I am starting to think this is an item that will need to be replaced from time to time. Just my personal thought, but I do not think it will hold up for the long haul.

ADS

msg221

I was thinking the same thing when I had to take my RN out the other day. The angle adjuster is already all dented and I've only had mine in for just over a week! I was thinking of ordering a spare one now!

mkmama

This reminds me, I need to look at mine. Its been uninstalled for a week or so after being installed for about 4 weeks straight...I was wondering when I got the chance to uninstall it if it would "pop back" like vehicle seats do or not. I'm thinking it didnt look nearly so dented when we were putting groceries in the back of the van this weekend, but I didnt specifically look. I'll try to remember to specifically look at it sometime soon.

Mags462

So.... since i am in the process of adding a Radian + angle adjuster to my stash.... if you don't think it will last "for the long haul" how long do you think it will keep a RF seat upright? 2 months? 6 months? A year?

I am just curious.... it doesn't really make or break my decision to get one per say, i bought it for a 3-across so i can use it FF w/out a problem, but i just was curious what you DO think it will last for? :D

jenfrogmom

Just a guess, a year. Wonder what it will do in the summer. It is cold here so it is firmer right now.

ETA- There will always be some "lift" there, it just might not be as upright as it was to start with.

mom of six

Anyone having any trouble with curious siblings picking at the foam? My AA mysteriously has some scratches and small pieces missing from the side. HMMM:rolleyes:

Blondie87

Yeah, Judi stole mine!! My poor Radian is like 40+ degrees now!

I had it in a 3 across, and it was pretty dented, everywhere, lol. Some of the foam was kinda like scratched by the car seat too.

agave

I keep looking at the arrows and the "This side up" and keep thinking I should rotate it like a mattress.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I was kind of hoping it would recline a little bit further over time - I like how upright it is for space saving, but it took up a lot of my leggy 3 year old's leg room. Mine has been in for maybe 3 weeks now, and I think it has reclined a tad bit further as he rides in it. I have noticed it's pretty easy for the edges to flake and have chunks come out though as his shoes and such get caught on it getting in and out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC