Trendz Fastback

Pixels

* Eight position no-rethread harness

* Headrest has three positions in addition to the eight harness positions. Adjusting the harness moves both the harness and headrest as a unit. Then the headrest can also be positioned independent of the harness.

* Installation with rigid LATCH was easy once I figure out how to do it. There are big red buttons to push to eject the connectors from storage on the seat. Then you line them up with the anchors in the vehicle and push to connect. Then there are tiny yellow buttons (shaped like a slit, but sticking out) that you have to press to get the connectors to go back in. Press those yellow buttons and push the seat back.

* Three recline positions. Manual was unavailable but I believe you are supposed to pick the recline that best matches your vehicle seat.

One model is 11 months, 20.2 lbs, unknown height but last measured at 26.5 inches at 9 months, IIRC. The seat has a 22 pound, 1 year, 28 inch minimum on it. My model does not quite meet any of the minimums but should give an idea of how the seat will fit a child at the bottom end of the range. This is Torso Boy, who is wearing size 18 month tops and 3 month pants.

IMG_2384.jpg

The harness routes up and over rollers in the back, then back down to the harness slots, similar to the Nautilus and Argos. Therefore, the harness gets longer automatically as you move the harness up and shortens if you move it down. I had no problem properly tightening the harness even without the infant insert. The crotch strap was on the outer slot and slightly underneath his bum, but he was wearing a cloth diaper. I did not feel that it was too tight at all.

The headrest pushed his head way forward. He was forced to look down at his lap. When I stood above him and got his attention, his head stayed down while his eyes looked up because he was unable to move his head up at all.

Second model is 3y8mo, 31 lbs, 36.5 inches. The seat has a 30 pound, 38 inch minimum for high back booster mode. Again, model does not quite meet the minimum but should give a good idea of fit. She has more normal proportions than Torso Boy, but still more torso than leg, wearing 3T-4T tops and 2T-3T bottoms.

IMG_2383.jpg

Lap belt was too high. Not quite as bad as some boosters I've tried her in, but not what I would consider acceptable.

Last edited:
ADS

hrice

Thank s for the review!

I'm not impressed. I looked at the seat in BRU but didn't have time to really play with it. I have no desire to own this seat.

momtoo3

I played with one at BRU yesterday with ds3. He complained about the headrest hurting his head. He would have had major head slump in it. I also thought the seat depth was a little short but couldn't measure it. He loved the FR85 but it is overkill for him.

Pixels

I forgot to say earlier that the shoulder belt did not retract properly in booster mode in the vehicle/seating position I tried. Playing with the belt, the shoulder belt anchor needs to be pretty much above and not too much to the side in order for it to not get hung up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC