In Search Of Does anyone have an Ameda Lact-E they want to sell me?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Not sure, but it appears to be without the cover too. I wonder if the covers got lost in hospital use or what, I've seen a few! We should know what Binky says in the next few days.

NannyMom

ketchupqueen said:
Just the other brown piece, which clips on.

Did you look at the other pics on that ad? It's there. Complete with the sticker that says it belong to...... If found, call.......

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That looked like the back to me. The front has a logo on it in the lower left? I didn't see that piece. I'll look again!

Yeah, that was the back. You could see the corner of the same sticker in the other pic, showing the cord storage, which is in the back. The clamps for the cover were entirely broken off, if you look at the side pic.

In other news, we'll talk to Binky again tomorrow, see what she says. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, that has a stand, but the front cover (which is a brown rectangle with a logo and clasps) isn't pictured. Thanks tho!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
(I know I'm kinda picky about the cover. The reason is that I expect to not be using it in just one place- work, home, etc.- but to be schlepping it from hospital to hospital, or, worst case scenario, home to hospital to home to hospital. The cover protects the front part from accidental bumping which could damage the outside of the chamber and cause it to need repairs, and also protects the port where the tubes hook up from wear, damage, and dust/moisture/etc. being stored and being hauled around in the car. Thanks for putting up with me. :) )

*canon*

Would it be possible for you to contact Ameda for a replacement cover? I figure there are replacement parts for medela so hopefully ameda would be the same.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They can repair motors, and switches, and the kit is pretty much all independent, but they no longer make the casings, and haven't for enough years that they don't have any spare covers. (I called and asked what parts were available, to see if I could buy a broken one if need be.)

caritas

I have no ideas at all, but just want you to know that if you find one in the Portland area or even Eugene I'd be happy to be your local contact and ship to you.

I have the Lansinoh version of the Purely Yours, but obviously that's not what you're looking for.

Melissa Cole is a fantastic LC in Portland (Luna Lactation)... I just finished working with her including renting an Elite. I'm not sure what other pumps she has, but I do know she had 2 others besides my Elite if you're interested in contacting her.

Incidentally, I'm flying to SNA on the 4th if that could be of any help in combination. :)

jeminijad

I'm sure there are probably tons of these in hospital supply rooms, that are being used so much as they are replaced with newer models.

How one would go about purchasing them is another matter...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Binky said that she doesn't currently have an extra, but in a few months, the local hospitals are switching from giving out Ameda to Medela pump kits, so she expects that within 4-5 months she will have an extra she can let go of as people will probably want the Ameda pumps less and the Medela more. I'd love to find one before that but it's good to know that option will probably be there in a few months, if I don't.

NannyMom

Anne, I just texted you! There is a local crunchy Momma store. The owner is or used to be a lactation consultant (I've helped her with carseats). I posted on the store's FB wall hoping she could (or someone else could) find on. She wants you to email her :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC