In Search Of Does anyone have an Ameda Lact-E they want to sell me?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Here's the story. After much research, talking to a few lactation consultants, etc., I purchased an Ameda Lact-E from a LC who was downsizing her rental practice last pregnancy. The intent was to pump colostrum/milk after birth to supplement if needed for a jaundiced baby, and to help my milk come in faster since jaundiced babies are sleepy weak suckers. I only used it a few times, since Becky died at birth, and it worked really well for me. It made what was a physically as well as emotionally hard time easier, just a bit. So I got attached to it.

I have breast pump issues, and need a truly hospital-grade pump, and it seems Ameda works best for me. After all my research and conversations, I do NOT want an Elite or Lact-E Lite (which was the immediate predecessor of the Elite.) The SMB has worked for me when I used it in a hospital but it's big and not very portable. The Lact-E was perfect.

Then, in our crash, it flew out of the trunk and was lost. We were paid depreciated value, based on the price of the Elite since the Lact-E isn't made any more, with the ability to get the difference if we paid more for up to 2 years from the claim.

But, like I said, I don't WANT an Elite. Right after I bought the Lact-E there were like five of them up for sale on ebay in the next few months. Now, I've been looking for 9 months, and haven't seen one. Nor on Craigslist.

I'm TTC now and it's very anxiety making. For some reason I seem to be displacing a lot of my anxiety onto not being able to replace my breast pump. Being able to find one would be really cathartic and reassuring. I know it's just a "thing"- but it's a thing that's emotionally important to me right now. I'm asking for anyone's help who wants to help me. If you want to set up a Craigslist search near you, or ask around to any LCs you know, or anything... I'd appreciate it. If you know anyone who has one to sell, please, put me in touch with her. I'm willing to pay up to about $1000 for one in great condition, even though that's almost the price of a full-price Elite. I want the same model that bad.

In case you were wondering, the light blue ones are the Elites (or Lact-E Lite.) The BROWN one is the Lact-E, and is what I'm searching for. It doesn't look like much, but it means a lot to me...

Thanks, and sorry for the sob story. I needed to write it out I guess.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There's a breastfeeding store in OC called Milkalicious (http://www.milkalicious.com). They have lactation consultants on staff and sell pumps, and although they probably don't have yours, they might be able to help. I'm happy to ask my midwife and doula, too, about possible leads in the area.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks, guys.

How does $150.00 in San Fran sound to you?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/hab/2761767556.html

Awesome! I'll have to figure out who I know in the area, and whether they'd be willing to do that for me; and if it's available, of course.

You can use something like www.searchtempest.com to search every CL listing nationwide. I just searched, and nada.

The pump is pictured at http://www.thepumpconnection.com/rentals.aspx (scroll down). KQ, is it any consolation to know that they are available to rent?

No. :( KPC and I decided that if I need or even want to pump after every baby, it was not worth it to rent, and I needed to buy my own pump (remembering that we plan at least 5 more kids, and even minimum rentals would add up to $600+ on the pump I want to use, while if I had it, I would use it more, to pump for donation possibly even... I spent $450 on the last one.)

Call Binky Petok at The Pump Connection. She's the amazing LC who helped DS and I through our issues. And she's got such a huge heart. I bet she could help you try to find one.
Thank you for that resource, I will keep it in mind!

There's a breastfeeding store in OC called Milkalicious (http://www.milkalicious.com). They have lactation consultants on staff and sell pumps, and although they probably don't have yours, they might be able to help. I'm happy to ask my midwife and doula, too, about possible leads in the area.

Thank you Jennie, I appreciate that, and also the website; the one place in my area I talked to they are younger and had never even heard of my pump. :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
KQ, I haven't heard back from my doula yet. My midwife was stumped but suggested possibly contacting a milk bank?

Maybe they would trade you an old one for a new one you donate in return?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The only milk bank I know of doesn't have pumps as far as I know? I think I'm going to try The Pump Connection next, and see if they'll sell me one of theirs if I pay enough for them to purchase a new Elite, or whatever.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ketchupqueen said:
The only milk bank I know of doesn't have pumps as far as I know? I think I'm going to try The Pump Connection next, and see if they'll sell me one of theirs if I pay enough for them to purchase a new Elite, or whatever.

There's one in OC that gives out free pumps, I think. Or used to. But their supply (so to speak) is probably new, huh?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, yeah, but those are typically like, small pumps, not the kind I need, from what I've heard. They are "hospital grade" but not hospital grade, if that makes sense? Like the Medela PIS and the Ameda Purely Yours. It's a different class than the kind made for rental/hospital/industrial use. ;) And yeah, most of the places that DO have the rental style, have newer ones.

ctbcleveland

Is there anyone local to San Fran who might be willing to contact the seller from CL? I know I am much more likely to respond to someone who talks about living in my neighborhood, etc.

SignCuer

I did contact the CL ad (and spoke to my LL leader-even though I don't have kids.. she's gonna try and help me) and for me it was no longer available (the ad not the seller) so I don't know what's up. That was yesterday but I will contact again tonite.

Will keep searching :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Have you tried posting an ISO on craigslist? I'm pretty lazy about listing things, but sometimes search just to get an idea what a particular item is going for. If I saw someone was looking for whatever I had to sell, I'd move it a lot faster ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you tried posting an ISO on craigslist? I'm pretty lazy about listing things, but sometimes search just to get an idea what a particular item is going for. If I saw someone was looking for whatever I had to sell, I'd move it a lot faster ;)

Oooh, that's a good idea. Jeff called the Pump Connection today but Binky wasn't in, she'll be in tomorrow so he's calling back tomorrow. I'm going to see where that goes, then post an ISO if it... doesn't. LOL.

http://madison.craigslist.org/bab/2780485148.html

You might try contacting these people

HTH

I did find that last night, but it's an SMB- very heavy to carry around, so not my first choice. It'll work if I absolutely can't find a Lact-E, but I would be sad (and would probably wait until the last minute to see if I can't find a Lact-E, since there's a guy been trying to sell one out closer to me, too.) Thanks though. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is there anyone local to San Fran who might be willing to contact the seller from CL? I know I am much more likely to respond to someone who talks about living in my neighborhood, etc.

I don't know? I did ask for a reply either way, gave the whole story, etc., no response twice, so who knows.

I did contact the CL ad (and spoke to my LL leader-even though I don't have kids.. she's gonna try and help me) and for me it was no longer available (the ad not the seller) so I don't know what's up. That was yesterday but I will contact again tonite.

Will keep searching :)

Hmmm, maybe it's down and this is a cached version I'm seeing. Thank you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC